corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PC World

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC World
Andrew

User status: Offline
27th Jan 05 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it they price there stuff more than the charge you Bought a laptop before Christmas which was priced at £650, went to the checkout and it was £600. Now i've just been for a scanner priced at £50 and they charged me £45
Andrew

Anyone wanna try there web site to see how much they are charged
_Allan_

WGAF, get it bouht man and don't complain. I'd only kick off it was dearer at the till
Drew
Banned

27th Jan 05 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt know anyone who knew anything about computers (as you claim to) bought anything from places like pc world
Drew
Banned

27th Jan 05 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

infact, even my dad who knows fuck all about computers wouldnt buy something from pc world
Andrew

27th Jan 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drew, the average computer person knows about as much as i do about computers

PC World is good and cheap for some things, plus you can play with the stuff before you buy. Just laugh at the sales people blaging old men on how to fix there computer.

[Edited on 27-01-2005 by Peugeot Nut]
CorsAsh

27th Jan 05 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut
Drew, the average computer person knows about as much as i do about computers

PC World is good and cheap for some things, plus you can play with the stuff before you buy. Just laugh at the sales people blaging old men on how to fix there computer.

Computer fairs are dying. Online shopping is on the up but you'll never beat as you say fiddling with stuff before you buy.
liamC

27th Jan 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot NutPC World is good and cheap for some things

Pug, ebay is the best place to buy pretty much everything PC related, from blnk cds to actual pcs themselves. I would never step foot in PC World for anything computer related. What may seem cheap to you you can probably get much cheaper in your local computer shop/ebay/website such as ebuyer.com etc
Andrew

27th Jan 05 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would not pay £600 to anyone on eBay. These fuckers can run off with your money and not send your item. If you do receive you item then will they still be registered in 3 months if your product dies.

You know what you are buying for a shop having seen and played around with the product. Plus, PC World etc are still going to be there in 3 months.

Computer fairs are good for likes of desktop cases, blank CDs, dodgy software Some small comps are there who sell motherboards, CPUs etc who are also good. However, you don't see anyone there with a choice of 10 new laptops you can choose from.
N90ATH

27th Jan 05 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason is that there is a weekly update for tickets there for thingsmay not always be charged rite, i know this cos i work for currys which is part of DSG which pc world is part of

and pc world i wouldnt touch them unless ur like me and know the manager and blag lots of discount :tunmbs:
a7syp

27th Jan 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a sales person for Dixons. The whole dixons group is one big scam, trust me.. i could go to bloody WATCH DOG with the stuff i know about the company!
Andrew

27th Jan 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hardly buy anything from the likes of dixons, comet, currys and PC World. I mainly shop online but got quite a good deal on the lappy and i wanted a small scanner USB powered so i can use it on my lappy and desktop.
scott d

28th Jan 05 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would trust reviews rather than playing about then paying twice as much just for that privilege. I was in there a few weeks back as me old man wanted a “learn to type” program and priced up a few bits of hardware… I bought from elsewhere and saved £50.
Dan B

28th Jan 05 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a7syp
Im a sales person for Dixons. The whole dixons group is one big scam, trust me.. i could go to bloody WATCH DOG with the stuff i know about the company!

Such as?
Jodi_the_g

28th Jan 05 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PC world ain't to bad i have to use it a couple of times a month for parts that i need there and then, although i buy and sell IT goods myself.

Its just an availaibilty issue when a customer needs a part there and then.

[Edited on 28-01-2005 by Jodi_the_g]
Icy

28th Jan 05 at 03:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where in the worllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld ???????????????

PC WORLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Cavey

28th Jan 05 at 03:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pc World staff are cunts from what i've heard.

I too used to work in Currys, and we had loads of people coming in moaning that PC World people hadn't been helpful at all, and that they were general cunts.

Dont see how you think it's all a scam a7syp. Are you on about the fact that Coverplan covers very little ?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PC World 23 database queries in 0.0173991 seconds