corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » to much oil

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author to much oil
blundey

User status: Offline
24th Jan 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I put slightly to much oil in the engine...its about 1 cm or so over max....what kind of implications will happen....like if it starts leaking through the seal etc....whats the worst case scenario.....i could drain it...but dont have 2 jacks etc....to get fully under the car.

tanks
MoNkEy MaGiC

24th Jan 05 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1CM OVER the MAX MARK!!!

my mates gsi was smoking bad when he topped it up too much! was funny though, one minute its fine then a huge puff of smoke everywere!

if i was you i would just open the sump nut slightly and let some of the oil drain out
Adam_B

24th Jan 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt worry about it tbh mate...
blundey

24th Jan 05 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i noticed a little leak from between the top and bottom of the engine...where they join. Bare in mind this is a corsa C and there has never been a leak before. I drive 16miles or so...opened the hood and noticed the dribble from the join..
Cossie

24th Jan 05 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will have an abnormal high oil pressure when you do not have the correct level so y may pop a oil seal a bit and start to leak !!
Richie

24th Jan 05 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, the more oil in there the higher the oil pressure will be
blundey

24th Jan 05 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is popping an oil seal critical? or will it be ok to leave until my next service in a week or two?
Ginge

24th Jan 05 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blundey
is popping an oil seal critical? or will it be ok to leave until my next service in a week or two?

Well if you pop than crankshaft main oil seal you will have to take engine out to replace it, so it could be bad!
Ren

24th Jan 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exact same thing i did 2 weeks ago in my corsa C. its running fine now though, as ive done some solid driving, and noticed nothing unusual so far (apart from the oil in the seal like you said)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » to much oil 24 database queries in 0.0108519 seconds