corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ah bugger!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ah bugger!
Fear

User status: Offline
   14th Jan 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well planned on getting a new car towards the end of the year or late summer,

Was gonna put my car up forsale at PVS and see if i got any interest then try and sell before say october.

So i would be looking to get a new car then, really want an astra coupe turbo but i was worried about insurance.

So phoned my insurer and they were gonna ring me back so did so online quotes best one for a turbo was £1781, which i thought was alrite ish considering my age and accidents and that, got a few other quotes as well, if i couldnt get a turbo or anything similar performance i thought a C2 VTS at group 8 would be good and was at £780 a full grand cheaper!

So insurer phone back and messed everything up, 1 they wont insure me on a turbo until im 22, im 21 in april

The a quote on a VTS was £1100, ON TOP of the £800 ive already paid

So now i dont know what to do as my insurance is up in november and i dont like my chances of selling my car that time of year so the other option is to cahnge insurers which would fook me NCB for that year!

Sorry for the essay i just thought id share it!
Colin

14th Jan 05 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick a XE in yours, youve only finished it and spent all that money.....you wont see half of it back IMO - enjoy it and give it more power!
Fear

14th Jan 05 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love to stick a valver in in but i aint gonna get the insurance i dont think!

I wont get a third of the money ive spent and i have always known this!!

If i kept it i would want it more practical which would mean biggers wheels or higher suspension which i just dont want on the car as it wont be how i want it!

Pablo

14th Jan 05 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate insurance im screwed for another year too
Robbo

14th Jan 05 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

14th Jan 05 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fear
I would love to stick a valver in in but i aint gonna get the insurance i dont think!

I wont get a third of the money ive spent and i have always known this!!

If i kept it i would want it more practical which would mean biggers wheels or higher suspension which i just dont want on the car as it wont be how i want it!

Worth losing all that money? Im sure an XE will cost less to insure than the cars you mentioned above.

Or keep it and get a daily runner for work and that, and in a year or so LET your corsa
Fear

14th Jan 05 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive already got another corsa sport for everyday running!

I just dont see the point in having a nice car i cant park anywhere i want and drive where speed bumps are as it means i just dont drive it enoguh to warrent keeping it!

And im guessing the nconversion will be alot thats if they even allow it as its above grp 12 on the new engine!
bradfincham

14th Jan 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try tesco and flux they both quoted me under 2k fc with 0 ncb mate,
flux was 1600 fc!

I would go valver route as you will always say i wish i hadnt sold my car blah de blah, its how you want it now and id say valver and softstars and maybe bring suspension up to make more practical!

Of course you can drive it more, i used mine all over xmas in the crap weather although fucks up paint with salt etc,
but id say valver all the way!
Fear

14th Jan 05 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIC wont insure with a valver, i rang earlier

Yeh another company might but i would have to wait till november as dont wanna change companies!

And i cant seeing Flux or Tesco quoting me good as they both wanted around £1400 this year compared to HIC at £800!
Karen

14th Jan 05 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try Admiral. Iv just turned 21 and Iv got all mods declred and my car is a group 11 and its only £900 then when phoned for insurance for putting bigger engine in it it dropped to £700

Give them a try. Might be good to u aswell
bradfincham

14th Jan 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mm, id say save for a large brake setup for the car and drop a tuned x3 in there with cams and unichip etc etc, good for 180 bhp

do that next winter!

i really want an astra gsi but then again i dont have the cash for one, insure one and i couldnt bear to see someone drop a LET in mine which is the plan.

I think you will regret selling??
Fear

14th Jan 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Brad i really thought id be keeping my car for alot longer than just this year but ive lost alot of enthusiasm for the car, maybe cuz its finished or maybe because its so impractical i dont know!

Got my eye on a C2 VTS aswell, never thougt id be wanting a french car
corsa5dr

14th Jan 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benefits of being a woman I think Foxy, If you were male it would probably be double.
Fear

14th Jan 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my accidents fook me up with having 2!

But elephant only need to know about 1 as was over 3 years the other one

Quite fancy a new car aswell, well as in upto a year old like!
bradfincham

14th Jan 05 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had 2 accidents one my fault nd the other not!

Get the valver in there before the summer and have some fun then sell after the summer and buy the c2!!
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jan 05 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fear
Got my eye on a C2 VTS
And this is better than your Corsa how?
Nismo

14th Jan 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah bit of a bugger hay

my self id go for the Astra , ok its allot , but then its allot of car for the money, good deal imo.

Icy

15th Jan 05 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you tried greenlight?
only do modded and need to be at least 21
gave me my best quotes
Fear

15th Jan 05 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brad i want the valver always have really but HIC will not cover me with it, they wont cover me with any car or engine above grour 12 insurance!

Ian, not saying its better jsut want a car that i can get in a drive not have to worry about speed bumps ICE on show etc and the VTS seemed the best one out of the lot for price running costs insurance etc!

I may try some insurance quotes when im 21 for a valver but it looks like no matter what im gonna do im gonna have to change insurers i think!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ah bugger! 23 database queries in 0.0129199 seconds