corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ebuyer neons and wiring to the amp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebuyer neons and wiring to the amp
corsa-sxi

User status: Offline
13th Jan 05 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a set of neons on ebuyer which were for computers but can be used in cars, im wondering ifthere is any reason why i could not connected one end of the neon to the REMOTE terminal, and the other to the ground? some1 said the REM is too low a current?
Dom

13th Jan 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not enough power mate
if you wanted them to come on when you switch your HU on, then get a relay inline - ie: remote wire to relay, then tap the the power from your amp feed or somewhere else Just make sure you get the right rated relay
mobymaster

13th Jan 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or...

Make a little plate and then convert your ashtray to a switch panel .

I got vol controler for my amp controling subs and then also a switch for the footwell neons. Back neons for boot build are wired in to turn on when boot is opened
lozzd

14th Jan 05 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobymaster
Or...

Make a little plate and then convert your ashtray to a switch panel .

I got vol controler for my amp controling subs and then also a switch for the footwell neons. Back neons for boot build are wired in to turn on when boot is opened

same here

god bless £2 ebuyer neons.
Nobber

14th Jan 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I did was connect them to the boot light connectins so they come on when you open the boot. Job Done!
corsacman

14th Jan 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a 30 amp relay from Maplins abt £4. Tap into the illuamation wire at the rear of the head unit, so when you turn your sidelights on they will as well. And for the main power feed i connected straight to the battery and just find a nearby earth for the realy. The other relay pin is the output so connect that to the neon +. Heres a realy diagram.

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=17895

New Poll