corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fixing spoiler with minimal bolts and flexibond, will it hold?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fixing spoiler with minimal bolts and flexibond, will it hold?
SetH

User status: Offline
13th Jan 05 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arrgghhhhhhhh, Bought an STi 6 spoiler of Scoobyworld to go onto my STi 5 (which for some reason has a mid level spoiler).

I had been told the 4 bolts for the STi 6 spoiler would match the existing holes in the boot lid. How wrong was that information though! Nearly every hole was out by about a cm.

Managed to drill an existing hole in the boot lid to make it a little longer, thus was able to match up the top 2 highest holes on the spoiler. Used Flexibond on the rest of the spoiler.

If i had the time and proper drill bits would have redrilled the spoiler.

Just wondered if just 2 bolts and the flexibond will be enough to hold it? dont want it flying off on the motorway and killing the people in the car behind me.
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
13th Jan 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be funny to watch though.

if the holes matched at either end of the spoiler i'd go for it, wouldn't do half and half though

New Poll