corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HU went kabooom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HU went kabooom
Adzy2k2

User status: Offline
10th Jan 05 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was posted in help, then i realised it shud b here so posted it in ere
Its unfortunate but my headunit gave up today!
I was on my way home and went to change the track and noticed it was unusually hot, thought nothing of it till i smelt electrical burning and saw smoke coming out the dash Pulled over and yanked the stereo out to find that it was coming from the back. got home plugged it in and it comes up with a error message, which the book tells me that its fooked! I tested the outputs on the back and it seems the 2 rear outputs have blowned up even tho i have no rear speakers?

i gonna get new stereo this week sometime, jus wanted to know if this could b a fault on my car cos dnt really want to fook up another stereo! There are no rear speakers so should i jus chop the wires at the back on my new head unit to make sure it dont happen agen?
Richie

User status: Offline
11th Jan 05 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks like the rear speaker wires have shorted out somewhere. Id check through all your wiring to make sure that nothing is exposed. It would also be an adea to chop the rear speaker wires off the new HU, but leave a little bit and tape it up so if you did want to add new rear speakers at a later stage, you can do so.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HU went kabooom 24 database queries in 0.0099761 seconds