corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » if i phone vauxhall

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author if i phone vauxhall
mothsgunav2

User status: Offline
5th Jan 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and ask them wat et i need on my r reg corsa wat do u think there gonna say? and wat ever they say that means that i can buy that et wheel and just put it on with out any shit?
Corsa^Dan

5th Jan 05 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask on ere so much easer
ed

5th Jan 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will say you need ET45 as that is the offset Corsas use. You will have a bit of a problem finding ET45 wheels though, you can get away with ET42, some people have gone so far as using ET38's, but don't go any further than that otherwise you will also need to get wide arches... The lower the number gets from 45 the more arch work is needed. Don't get anything with a higher number than 45 because they will rub on you suspension. You also need to know that the PCD of the bolt holes is 100x4
mothsgunav2

5th Jan 05 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i buy some wheels yea et 38 then wat do i do get spacers or wat stressed out man dont know wat to do i think i av 38s on there now and it handles like shit! 1800ed do me a favour m8 iv posted some topics explaining my problems check them out m8 plz mothsgunav2 av been posted over the last 2 hours
Corsa^Dan

5th Jan 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lower the ET the more it pushs the wheel out towards the arch so if u spaced it it would get worse. the HIGHER the number the closer it is the the suspsension (i think thats right)

IF u get et38 and lower it depending on the wheel size u mite need too de-bolt the rear plastic arches and possibly tap/grind off the inner lip
Adam-D

5th Jan 05 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b et49
corsa c et 45
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Jan 05 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you phone Vauxhall, they'll show you an Irmscher catalogue and give you a blank look if you ask anything.

If the number is lower then the wheel is further out of the arch, so adding spacers makes the offset lower still.

The factory standard offset for Corsa B is ET 49 although this is on 5.5" wide wheels. If you have ET49 on wheels wider than this you may have problems with the inside of the wheel touching suspension components, which can be fixed with spacers but which will limit your choice of rim severely.

Depending on rim size, ie. 15, 16, 17 you should settle at around ET45, and also give some thought to tyre size and suspension drop.
mothsgunav2

5th Jan 05 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i cant get et45 then wot shud i get?
Mattb

5th Jan 05 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can tget 45 then you arent looking hard enough
GLSi GUY

5th Jan 05 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have ET 35 with 32mm spacers on
Mase
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GLSi GUY
i have ET 35 with 32mm spacers on

et3 ??? Am i correct ??

Mase
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Jan 05 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wide arch mase.
Mase
Premium Member

6th Jan 05 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aaahhh, i see now !!!

Mase

New Poll