corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Digital Freeview TV - does it have surround sound?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Digital Freeview TV - does it have surround sound?
DJGoMatt

User status: Offline
1st Jan 05 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone help me out here? i need to find out whether you recieve a 5.1 signal with a freeview box, so that you can get surround sound on normal television channels? or is it still just a nicam stereo signal with digital quality?
ed

1st Jan 05 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. TV isn't even broadcasted in 5.1 in the UK.
DJGoMatt

1st Jan 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was asking because i've been told you get surround with a sky digital signal, wondered if you would with freeview, can't find anything though, so obviously not.
Need to find out before i shell out on a new tele, didnt know whether to pay the extra for the surround speakers when i already have a big surround dvd system
adelcorsa

1st Jan 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only some movies come in it on sky i think
vibrio
Banned

1st Jan 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll get it in stereo only

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Digital Freeview TV - does it have surround sound? 23 database queries in 0.0093980 seconds