corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa fuelling probs-let inside

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa fuelling probs-let inside
topham

User status: Offline
25th Dec 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a turbo conversion done in my corsa,and i have been having a few problems. Start the car,it runs ok,then go down the road it will be ok till i start to give it some,and then it just goes dead n my,coff's and splutters. I have changed the leads,plugs,rotor arm,fuel filter. I am running a vectra v6 gsi pump, and its still doing the same. Not sure what else it could be??Anybody give me some ideas. When i stop and let the car idle for a bit it sorts itself back out?

Also,does anybody know which lines should go where on the fuel pump. i,e the line from the top of the pump,is this connected to S, and the one at the bottom of the pump connected to R?

Really need it sorting cos am going through spark plugs, keep taking them out and they are black on the end!Plus its x-mas and i need my car!
topham

25th Dec 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt
ed

25th Dec 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you actually running the right pump? I'm guessing the V6 uses the same MPI pump though... Thats one thing to check.

Are the sensors working properly? I guess the fault light is not on on your dash otherwise you would have said... Try the air mass meter and the coolent temp sensors to see if they are working correctly. (Swap them with ones off of a working engine if at all possible as they are expensive)...
topham

25th Dec 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think they are the same pumps,well to look at they were. No lights,just an (i) light,not an engine management one.

But y would it run perfect for about 30 mins,town driving,then go all funny,surely if the sensors were out it would do this!
TOMAS

26th Dec 04 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its when you accelerate it jerks? Sounds like ICV to me... is it an intermittent fault, does it happen when you cange between idle and accelerate?
miles

26th Dec 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the engine management light work? I would be pretty sure you'd have fault codes if it does!

The top of the pump is the oulet, and the bottom of the pump with the filter bag is the inlet?

The passenger side of the fuel rail is the inlet, the drivers side the outlet.

Check for air leaks, try disconnecting the air flow meter and seeing if it drives any different (and if the ecu light comes on).

Who did the conversion?
topham

26th Dec 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changed air flow meter,and sorted the pump out. Going to chek the crank position sensor,cos the power steering pump is suashing it,cos we had to raise it up slightly.ecu light works but aint showing
AdamF
Premium Member

27th Dec 04 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it runs fine, then when it warms up it runs like a bag of shite? sounds like coolant temp sensor mate, 17 quid from vauxhall

New Poll