corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electrical Buzzing around Steering Coloum

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electrical Buzzing around Steering Coloum
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
19th Dec 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While driving I have noticed an electrical buzzing/arcing noise coming from round the steering column area. Initially I took the cover off and found the connectors that go to the indicators/wiper arms were slightly off so I put them back on but I still have the problem. The noise does come and go.

Has anyone had this before or has any ideas. Im wondering if its the switch part at the end of the ignition barrel as I had one of these go faulty on a nova before.

Thanks
Adam-D

19th Dec 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be ignition barrel
could also be a faulty relay buzzing

does everything work?
Richie

19th Dec 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically its trial and error, unplug each component until the noise is gone eg. Indicator switch stalk, barrel, washer stalk.....
Rob_Corsa

19th Dec 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything works fine, I will have a play round with things and see what I can find.

New Poll