corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GPS Speed accuracy

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GPS Speed accuracy
R Lee

User status: Offline
19th Dec 04 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe they haven't got their hairdryers running when you're going past?

not criticising, just maybe...

ed

19th Dec 04 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe... Probably, because they do everything else perfectly. It even tells you where dangerous corners/junctions/stuff is
James_DT

19th Dec 04 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the time you've detected the radar, it's already got you, surely.
Road Angel has GPS databases for cameras too though, doesn't it?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Dec 04 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use a pda running tomtom3 with a bluetooth gps receiver worx perfect and has spd cam database
Steve
Premium Member

19th Dec 04 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seen those laser detector things in revs, they sell them at halfords total waste of cash, it says "Bleeps when it detects your being targetted" by the time your targetted your already done! , and says "detects up to 2km away" yeah thats based on a dead straight road with no obstacles and that you can actually see the van that far away, most of them you cant see until 200 yards away or so because they are tucked away, what a load of crap!
Black Corsa SRi

19th Dec 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
Oh hell yea, I just don't think the radar detection is up to much - there are a few places where the Police park up with thier hair dryers - but I haven't seen it bleep a warning when they are there. Thats my only complaint....

mate if the police know what they are doing they can do it so that you detector wont pick up any beam at all and if it does it'll be too late so i wouldnt worry too much about that. Dont ask me how they do it cause i no idea i just remember reading it somewhere i cant vouch its true but it makes sense if your road angel doesnt pick em up!
Steve
Premium Member

19th Dec 04 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ne radar detector is a waste of cash
James_DT

19th Dec 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed.
Cheapest way is to just not speed, but I keep contemplating the PDA option.
Was the GPS reciever expensive?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Dec 04 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 options fixed wired one £50 bluetooth one (mine) £90

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GPS Speed accuracy 23 database queries in 0.0125151 seconds