corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Suspension noises

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suspension noises
O.T.G

User status: Offline
   14th Dec 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Folks, am having trouble with the back end of the car. every time i go over a bump theres like a knocking noise from the back end.
Shocks have only 5k on them so it cant be them. exhaust aint hittin off anything either. back axle is screwed in tite as is the shocks. was thinkin it's the bushins but never heard of corsas having bushin trouble. anyone know wot it mite be?
thanx in advance

ps. shes lowered 80mil on jamex shocks
mwg

14th Dec 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does that and its done it ever since I put the springs and shocks on. Got told that its spring chatter or something and nothing I can do about it
Still pisses me off though!
Smick

14th Dec 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its prob the coils of the springs hitting together (spring chatter or summit they call it...?)

I just have got mine lowered and have the same problem. Dont think there is much that can be done about it.

EDIT >> If you do a search on the forum for this problem you will see there are plenty of others complainin about the same type of noise

[Edited on 14-12-2004 by Smick]
O.T.G

14th Dec 04 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats def a relief!
must check the springs just to see if there's much wear on the insides of the coils.

its sounds like the car's gonna break in half or something

thanx guys!!!!
andywsxi16v

14th Dec 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does it on one side, sounds like its coming from behind the rear quarter panel. its on FK coilovers which have been on for about 5 months but i`ve only recently noticed the noise. its driving me mad checked all the suspension. had the interior in bits but its still there tapin away doesnt do it when i hit a bump but more on rough tarmac or uneven roads.
Its just a case of..... turn them tunes up!!!!!
Nick A

14th Dec 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat about your wheel drumbs? when i reverse they sumthimes sound like the springs inside are cracking or bein pulled tightly, if so give them a good clean of breack dust did mine the trick
morty

14th Dec 04 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its defo the zorst hitting the back axle did it on mine, if you jack the car up you cannot see it cos the axle drops and comes away from the exhuast, but if you can get under the car while on the floor you should be able to see that its poss about a couple of mm off.

Darren
myke

14th Dec 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old corsa used to make some funny noises.
first was the exhaust hitting the axle.
then the piston dust covers made horrendous squeeking noises.

heard of some curing noisy springs by sheathing the coils with a bit of old garden hose, obviousaly slit down it's length.

New Poll