corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting your car keyed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting your car keyed
Dave M

User status: Offline
27th Nov 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw on my car this morning that i have a 12" key mark down my door, has anyone else had this heppen?
wondering how to solve it.
went to the bodyshop that did my colour coding and they sed about £150 co they have to respray it and blend it in to the rear panel.
is that a normal price to pay?
langey

27th Nov 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had it done,

best way to solve it, is to see if there is a away to find out who done it, then hurt them very badly this will make you feel better when spending money on sumthing which shouldnt have needed doing

Dave M

27th Nov 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did you pay mate?
langey

27th Nov 04 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no got it sorted, just let the car stay dirty,a nd the scratch has gone lol. sure it will reapear when i wash the car.
Dean_H

27th Nov 04 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

korsa_C

my dad had a new huyndai coupe a year back, after a week of it being parked outside the house it had a massive 2foot key mark down the car.

Father was gutted, he took it to the garage he bought it from to have its 500 mile service and asked a guy how much that would cost to fix the scratch.

They guy felt sorry for him and he put this stuff on the scratch and blended the paintwork into the scratch.

I wasnt there at the time but my father said it was like magic the scratch just dissapeared.

Have a look on google for scratch removers...

If its a very deep scratch mind you might have to respray it then and it would cost you £150 od like that guy said.
myaztecorsa

27th Nov 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a scratch the full length of my car but, having paid £200 to have a previous one removed, I tried JML's scratch remover. I thought what the hell its gonna need to get resprayed anyway and it got rid of it completely - I was well impressed.

You have to really use a bit of elbow grease but it does work. Polish afterwards and it came out like new. It's extremely cheap too.
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

28th Nov 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i payed roughly that for my corsa dave, really annoyin innit i ended up with both sides keyed and my boot in the space of a year!
Matt H

28th Nov 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a bodyshop & ask if they sell rubbing compound

explain to them what has happend & im sure they'll sort it out
Karen

28th Nov 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv had this done 2 me twice, got 3 lovely deep scratches along the drives side. On all 3 panels. Happened outside my hosue
Not got it sorted yet, in a way im scared 2 incase whoever done it goes past my car and sees its sorted and they do it again

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting your car keyed 23 database queries in 0.0100470 seconds