corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Claim...Legal Cover?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Claim...Legal Cover?
Tiger

User status: Offline
26th Nov 04 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone (Old geezer typically) pranged my Sis today and was definitly at fault. My sis rang up his insurance to enquire about making the claim against him. They said that because my Sister is 3rd Party F&T she will have to pay Legal Cover?

Can anyone elaborate on this because im confused as to why my sister should have to pay anything in this situation?

Ben.
BigSte

26th Nov 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought legal cover was covered under any type of cover but could be wrong.

I've always been fully comp so always had legal cover.......my current legal cover covers costs up to £50,000
Jules S
Premium Member

26th Nov 04 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasnt me was it?? given the other thread

legal cover should cover you whether 3P or not
Black Corsa SRi

27th Nov 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah some compnay's give it as an option when you take out the policy if yours sis didnt take it to keep her premium down then they are within their rights although i thought legal cover was only for if you ran someone over or something like that and they tried to sew you. If the guy just ran into her and she claiming for damage to car that shouldnt come into it!
KelSE2

27th Nov 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she is not at fault then she should be able to recovery all her uninsured losses from his insurer. If your car gets pranged, to speed things up you can get it repaired under your own cover (if fully comp). You would have to pay the excess, but can claim this back from the other insurers, just as your insurance company would be doing for the repair costs. I would have thought that this could also cover legal costs, but am not totally sure.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Claim...Legal Cover? 23 database queries in 0.0084648 seconds