corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » why wont this irmscher spoiler on ebay fit sxi sri for corsa c

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author why wont this irmscher spoiler on ebay fit sxi sri for corsa c
Dean_H

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Irmscher spoiler for Corsa C in primer (Except SXI and SRI) i thought it fitted the sxi/sri?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4503897197&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
Robbo

22nd Nov 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are 2, one for the sxi/sri and one for all others, dunno y, fogs maybe?
Dean_H

22nd Nov 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fogs? on a rear spoiler?

nah its the irmscher rear spoiler

i cant understand why this spoiler wont fit an sxi, but will fit lower models as are the same as sxi ?
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Nov 04 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ther are only Sxi and Sri models!

it will fit m8.
BigSte

22nd Nov 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a spoiler for my SXi that looks exactly like that, not fitted it yet but it's all painted and ready to go on.

Dean_H

22nd Nov 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
ther are only Sxi and Sri models!

it will fit m8.

thought so, cheers mate.
Robbo

22nd Nov 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh_SXi
fogs? on a rear spoiler?

nah its the irmscher rear spoiler

i cant understand why this spoiler wont fit an sxi, but will fit lower models as are the same as sxi ?
Thought u meant front :$
Wilero

22nd Nov 04 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a very good reason why the fitment is different, the lower range models dont come with a small black trim which sits on top of the tailgate, like the SXi's and SRi's do, this effects the irmscher spoiler fitment as the tailgates are different.

hope this clears this up.

Will
ChazSXi

22nd Nov 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sxi/sri one has four holes to screw through to hold it in place , the lower models dont so need bonding!

My guess is this doesnt have the screws so will need bonding onto all models which can be done
KelSE2

22nd Nov 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's also the question of the washer jet. Had terrible troble a couple of years back when changing from the SXi 'grey spoiler' to the irmscher one. The washer on thSXi is built into the spoiler and you end up with just the washer pipe after you've taken it off. you have to get the right washer jet to fit into the hole that is now on display (the new spoiler fits round it). I had the job done at my VX dealers and it had to go back 4 times cos the jet fell out every time you used it. They sorted it eventually, but it was a pain!
Ben Hill

22nd Nov 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KelSE2
There's also the question of the washer jet. Had terrible troble a couple of years back when changing from the SXi 'grey spoiler' to the irmscher one. The washer on thSXi is built into the spoiler and you end up with just the washer pipe after you've taken it off. you have to get the right washer jet to fit into the hole that is now on display (the new spoiler fits round it). I had the job done at my VX dealers and it had to go back 4 times cos the jet fell out every time you used it. They sorted it eventually, but it was a pain!

Think u will find this is def correct had the same pro a few years back
BigSte

23rd Nov 04 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a new jet with my spoiler

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » why wont this irmscher spoiler on ebay fit sxi sri for corsa c 23 database queries in 0.0097740 seconds