corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Lights Problem...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Lights Problem...
Carb_Fanatic

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now before anyone says anything i`ve just spent ages going through old topics searching for the problem but cant find anything the same!

i have had the 3rd generation lexus lights on my corsa B for months, like 5 or 6 now. and when i got them i realised how shit the loom was so hard wired them into the factory wiring.

they have worked perfectly up until a week ago when my drivers side brake light went. when i had a closer look the brake lights work fine until you put the side lights on, then when you brake the passenger side works but the WHOLE OF THE DRIVERS SIDE light goes out. but its not blowing the bulb!

any ideas? theres no crossed wires or bad connections as i`ve checked them, i have also changed the bulb

please help?

Greg W

21st Nov 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly a fuse? i had trouble with mine and was told that the fuses on corsa's are for left and right, as opposed to front and back.
might b wrong though.
Greg
ed

21st Nov 04 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit bulb holders. Shit wiring. Shit quality lights. Wiring them to the cars wiring loom doesn't help much because the wiring to the bulb holders and bulb holders is so piss poor. Best bet is to completely re-wire the lot and actually solder the wires to the bulb holders as they will be pushed in or something lame like that. Well worht the £100+ people pay for them

[Edited on 21-11-2004 by 1800ed]
1.6 Sport BadBoy

23rd Nov 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeay i agree, they're sh*t! i'm fed up of dealing wif these at work. the makers of the lights do a shite job of the wiring for some reason. you'll probs find you'll have 4 wires linking into 1 just before the connector block. if u undo the insulation tape and split those wires apart, grab urself a soldering iron and solder the gits together. its a common ground problem with these bloody things. also check all the ground wires going to each one of the blub holders, making sure the black wire is actually touching the blubs metal housing.

jobs a gud'un

New Poll