corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance company

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance company
gwr1234

User status: Offline
1st Nov 04 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all. yesterday got my car broken into. wouldnt have minded but they smashed the window using a screwdriver and bent a bit of the door. anyway to my question. i phoned my insurance ppl. told them what happen and they said it will cost me 50£ i thought yea that ok. i asked if they will repair the door and she said yea. and it sounded gd. i thought i could have got a window from the scrappy and do it myself but the door was damaged so it seemed better to pay 50£. got my new window in and phoned my insurance to see what will happen about my door and they say the women shouldnt have said that and its gonna cost me 150£ to sort it out. and then if i do that im gonna lose my no claims. but i kept saying that she said it will cost 50. if i new that it was just to supply and fit a window i would have done it myself. they said i gotta make a complaint and prove i could have got the window cheaper. what do you guys think bout that. sorry its long. im bloody well pissed off. do you think i should try get them to repair it coz they said they would or just leave it.

Thanks
Gareth
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Nov 04 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've informed them you may as well go through with it. If you were clear yesterday that you wanted all the damage repaired, and they suggested the figure of £50 to cover it then yes, they should honour that.

This will go completely against your policy documentation which will probably state quite clearly that glass damage is £50 but theft or damage excesses are more.

The conversation you had with the suggested price for repair of the entire amount of damage goes in your favour here.
Neshol

1st Nov 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it the windscreen? Cos if so, they are probably charging a £50 excess for that and £100 excess for the door damage, just a thought
gwr1234

1st Nov 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was a drivers window. im just gonna phone now. ill tell u what happens
gwr1234

1st Nov 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well they are saying i should have looked at my policy and it says in writing. i was saying the girl that answered should have done her job proper and shouldnt be giving out valse information. bloody c**ts. how do i stand now. Cheers
gwr1234

1st Nov 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance company 23 database queries in 0.0116770 seconds