corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need sub and amp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need sub and amp
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Nov 04 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok im on the look out for a 10" sub and a bit of ampage, got about 300 to spend! help me help me!
AdiSRI

1st Nov 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy my alpine MRD-M300 amp
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much
Dom

1st Nov 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but a rocky sub package from bassjunkies Good sound for not alot

or you could go for a 10JL sub (99 quid) and a decent amp
AdiSRI

1st Nov 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres plenty available for that money, you shud bea ble to get a reasonable setup..
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the sub that adi recommended, an alpine 10" dual voice coil thingy
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3676 this is the bugger
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BIG UP TO ADI! lol, hes just helped me spend all my money lol! now i need some wood!
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3517 my new amp lol
Dom

1st Nov 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good setup, but you wont get 300wRMS @ 2ohms from the thing, unless you have a bloody good battery thats feeding it at 14-15volts But, its decent enough, as you would have had to fork out another 50-100 quid for something to supply 300-400wRMS at 12volts But just make sure you run it in properly and that you dont go hammering it, otherwise the amp will start to distort and your sub will disappear alone with its coils

have fun mate
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watts, coils, volts, rms, pah wasted on me man, speak english!
Dom

1st Nov 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
watts, coils, volts, rms, pah wasted on me man, speak english!

basically, the 301 amp (one your brought) supplies 350wRMS @ 2ohms (with 14.4volts). You sub is Dual Coil (thing in the back that makes it move, you have two of) and each coil is 4ohm resistants. You wire them together to create a 2ohm setup and then connect it to your amp.
However, what i was saying is that unless your car battery can delivery 14v+ then it very unlikely that the amp will produce 300wRMS needed for your sub to run at full pelt (when you have the wick up abit on your headunit "chaving it up" to your local school girsl ).
However, it will still produce near to that so you should be alright But i would recommend that you hunt down a 1.9Diesel corsa battery and wack that it, it will help to keep the juice flowing to the amp alittle better

but have a gander at http://www.bcae1.com/ , will help you setup the amp gains properly using a oscilliscope and other basic info
broster
Premium Member

1st Nov 04 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, should be ok, my volt meter reads 13.2 on my car at the moment.......ill have a look at tha tsite, cheers for the info ICE gurus! i feel ill be back sooner than u think
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it runs 350w rms at 14.4 and 250w rms at 12v, cars will normally be capable of running a steady 13.2v, at which the amp will make 300w RMS anyway....

People worry too much about power being right, my first alpinre sub was 200w rms , i powered it with a 2 channel amp that made 160w RMS and it would pound all day long perfect.

TBH it sounded noticably better than my current JL!!
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yes do change the battery, thats what im buying next as soon ads funds allow, a Varta Blue is optimum....

again i have the part number at home, ill pop it up later on.
broster
Premium Member

2nd Nov 04 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah man, do it iv had to cance lmy order tho as CAD wont deliver to my delivery address, only to my billing address, defeats the point of a delivery address really dont it! so i have to change my bank address first the nreorder! so much hassle!
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have u moved or summat??

Try ringing cad often they can sort it if you contact them on the phone...

Battery is Varta 574 012 068 3022

its 74Ah and 680CCA, about the best you can buy for a corsa!
kev_corsa

2nd Nov 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
it runs 350w rms at 14.4 and 250w rms at 12v, cars will normally be capable of running a steady 13.2v, at which the amp will make 300w RMS anyway....

My battery usually measures about 14.3V when the alternators running, probably due to the cars only 18 months so the battery's fairly new.
Richie

2nd Nov 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get 14.4 spot on now i get 12.9 with the engine off
broster
Premium Member

2nd Nov 04 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
Have u moved or summat??

Try ringing cad often they can sort it if you contact them on the phone...

Battery is Varta 574 012 068 3022

its 74Ah and 680CCA, about the best you can buy for a corsa!

rang them up they said i cant have it delivered to my house gotta be my card adress, which is my rents house! iv moved abotu a bit recently, just settled down so ill change my cards to this address tomoz lunch time
broster
Premium Member

2nd Nov 04 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car runs over at 13.5 volts with the engine running. according to my dash anyway
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines 14.4 until u g=turn it up

then it drops straight down to 13 ish

i need anew battery bad mines mega old

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need sub and amp 24 database queries in 0.0159090 seconds