corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In car PS2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In car PS2
corsa_dh

User status: Offline
31st Oct 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering how many people have ps2s in there car? Thinking of getting one, but was wondering what do you wire screen up to and that. I know you can get a lead for the cig lighter for the ps2, but is it the same for the screen?
jamesw

31st Oct 04 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im running a ps2 and 2 screens, u can get a decentish screen for canny cheap price on ebay, mine came with a ciggy lighter plug, i just cut it off and hard wired it into the car so it doesnt look messy, as the power to the ps2, i bought a power invertor, which again can get from ebay for maplin, basically this plugs into a ciggy lighter again and on the other end gives you a norm house style socket to plug the ps2 in, mind with my inverter i had to run a new wire straight to the battery as the alarm on it kept going off saying battery was about to die, was happening because the wiring in the car wasnt thick enough and wasnt supplying enough power, ive also got a diesel battery which throws out more amps which is also handy, if u get stuck just give me a shout.

JW
Richie

31st Oct 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait for the new smaller ps2 guys for in car installations. Within a short time of release or maybe even at release there may be news of an in car dedicated adaptor.

^^ also holding a portable version of the playstation 1
shano

31st Oct 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen this new pstwo game station will be selling at 99 quid with a game i think, and they are well fuvking small, it look even smaller in life
James_DT

31st Oct 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It came out on Friday did it not?
MarkW

31st Oct 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would the new small pstwo be small enough to fit into the dash and therefore a full dash and screen build could be made round it - would like quite cool i think???
Tiesto

31st Oct 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its got a huge power converter with it though, to make it smaller they had to make it external so it plugs in that before it goes to mains.
John

31st Oct 04 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your not plugging it into the main in the car but. The way do do it will be to supply it with 8.5v at 5.3a (stolen from Richie in ICE)
Richie

31st Oct 04 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cheers for the plug
chr15barn3s

31st Oct 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
would the new small pstwo be small enough to fit into the dash and therefore a full dash and screen build could be made round it - would like quite cool i think???

doubt it, the new one opens from the top not a drawer from the front

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In car PS2 23 database queries in 0.0527720 seconds