corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Advice needed north east people

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice needed north east people
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
24th Oct 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In approxamately febuary this year I had my valver conversion fitted and ever since I have had nothing but bother with it, from the oil cooler going to oil leeks, water leaks, power steering pipe leak, power steering and fan belts snapping, I have had 2 gearboxes in it, to other stuff I cant even think of, reently I broke down with the engine severely hot and steam pissing out from under the bonnet.

The engine was purchased from a place called morgans breakers in Guisbrough for £600 by the lads that fitted the conversion, Iknow all this is strictly not his fault cos he dont know what the engine has been through, but he was assured that the engine was in mint condition only done 70 something miles and was basically mint.

My boss has been lookign at the engine this morning and its basically a wreck, apparantly the head has been off before and not fitted correctly, its had 3 new pistons god knows why not four, its had new valves, the water pipe is completyelycorroded or what evr you would call it, one of the bolts that goes in the head did not have a washer and thats where the gasket has fu@ked.

esulting in totally knackered head gasket hoping the head is not knackered hopefully I have got away with it, my gaffer thinks the bottom end could be knackered depending on what temperature the engine was at when it cut out, I am absolutely devestated at the amount of money I have had to pay out on this engine, I know you can never rule out damage to an engine but the amount of work I have had to carry out on this engine is unreal, problem is can I do anything or not ?

I mean I know this has nothing to do with the lads that carried out the conversion and I do not blame them in any way but surely the breakers yard must of known the state of the engine do I have a claim lagally or am I totally at a loss thanks a lot Paul...
Bennn

24th Oct 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the engine sold as seen?
if you left it up to the bloke who did the conversion to source/ fit the engine then perhaps he does have some responsibility.
Corsalad87

24th Oct 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed
Corsalad87

24th Oct 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest it sounded like the bloke new fuck all about fitting a 2.0 engine ringn me m8s askn stupid questions of how to fit this n tht!!! ffs the timing belt should have been changed before the engine went in inc many other little odds and ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe this and the bloke who fitted it contributed to the many probs of your 2.0 conversion im afraid to say!!!!!!

[Edited on 24-10-2004 by corsaboy87]
sassyminx

24th Oct 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have no chance tbh paul thats the risk you take buying an engine, taking his word for the engines condition was your mistake, unless you have a receipt guaranteeing that the engine was mechanically sound and stated there were no problems you have no chance but to be honest legally you stand nowhere, its like buying a 2nd hand car, you take the risk when you buy it , as for the bloke who fitted the engine, yes he may have contributed to the problems, but there again you cant prove it, them problems could have been there prior to it being fitted

and £600 for an engine hes had your eyes well out there mate
jamied

25th Oct 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ummm my mates uncles owns morgans
Karnage Corsa

25th Oct 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they mate do u think you would be able to have a word and see what they would say mate ?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North East » Advice needed north east people 24 database queries in 0.0070941 seconds