corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Having problems...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Having problems...
Matty L

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 04 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grongs
Mo

22nd Oct 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nutter

sorry but i'm out of ideas now
Matty L

22nd Oct 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, just bought the alpine MRP-M350 from halfords and again, there is nothing.no power, zip.

theres a current flowing through the power cable at 11.8V.another unexpected chav is gonna get a heavy alipine amp on there saxo
Matty L

22nd Oct 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*bump*
Matty L

22nd Oct 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

22nd Oct 04 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your gonna chuck it mate, ill pay P&P for it

OK - the inline fuse should equal that to the fuse(s) on the amp (so if you had 2x10amp fuses, then the inline fuse near the battery will be 20amp, or as close as possible you can get).

when wire it up mate, make sure both pos and neg connections are off the battery. Then wire the power cable to the pos battery terminal (but dont clap it to the battery to stop sparks etc). Then wire it to your amp and make sure there isnt any bare wire from the terminal (so trim it correct etc). Then do the same to the ground, making sure that there isnt any bare wire showing around the battery terminal.

now as a QUICK test, you can wire the remote connection on the amp to the pos connection (if possible tap it off somewhere else though) and when you connect the battery back up again (positive first then neg to stop sparks) the amp should switch straight on.

If it does, then wire the remote lead to your HU, if it doesnt then you need to buzz out your HU remote lead mate, maybe take a reading from it again (its a positive connection at 12volts @ 500mA or there abouts). If thats ok, then the you need to go through all the wiring and buzz it out again and the fuses.
After that, you have blown something mate, or you have seriously dodgy wiring
Mo

22nd Oct 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty Lee18
warrington.

when i connect the grong wire to the nut i get a huge spark, then when i take away and do the same theres nothing also somtimes get a spark when i connect the power wire upto the amp.

if u ever come to the cruise on thursday night in bolton, let me know i'll disconnect my amp and try your amp for u. i use to come to the warrington cruise but i work til late now
andy hirst

23rd Oct 04 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where you have the ground connected to the chassis, is there any paint there, is so sand it down to bare metal then reconnect the ground and try it.
Mo

23rd Oct 04 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah good point lol
Matty L

23rd Oct 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bloody remote wire was on the wrong hu wire.

All working now, just had my first complaint...guy called tom who lives 7 doors down form me

thanks for your replys VisibleMa, mo, 3CorsaMeal and the rest..even though your advice was usless to me....i've learnt a few things about ice....got there in end though

i'm off to pound some bass into warringtons streets

[Edited on 23-10-2004 by Matty Lee18]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Having problems... 23 database queries in 0.0136120 seconds