corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help
ticky661

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello i own a renault clio nd one of the valves is fecked, the guy in the garage says it will fail its mot because of that. is that true? nd also would it kill my car if i left it for a few months. i cant afford 2 get it fixed at the mo nd he's saying about £400 to fix it, is that expensive?

thanks

Greasemonkey

22nd Oct 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First find out why the valve is fooked, sounds like shit to me, if a valve went the car would run bollox
PaulW

22nd Oct 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, ask how they can tell there is a duff valve... if he cant give you proof or says he 'saw it' during the test, he is talking bollocks...
ticky661

22nd Oct 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car was running really well tho before i put it in2 the garage, was having no problems at all nd engine seemed fine. also its quite good on the fuel aswell. i only put the car in for a service. he said it would fail its mot cos of the knacked valve, i didnt think they looked under the bonnet
PaulW

22nd Oct 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only way they could tell if a valve had gone is like greasemonkey says, it would run like a bag of nails... rattle/tap/slapping noise from engine, metal-on-metal crunching, grinding...

only way to 'see' is to take the head off.
ticky661

22nd Oct 04 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its not running like that, the engines sounds fine and healthy. im picking it up 2nite so im gona ask him a few questions about it. im also gana take it 2 another garage 4 2 see wot they say about it. he also days my brakes are completely knackered, i no my handbrake was crap but the front brakes seemed ok.

thanx lads tho, im not panicking as much now
Greasemonkey

22nd Oct 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As him if he did a compression test and what results he got, then that might shit him up a bit if ya sound like ya know what ya saying
Siberia

22nd Oct 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a head valve though? or is he talking about renaults version of the EGR valve or something...?
ticky661

22nd Oct 04 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hav no idea bout valves r owt. the car is a 1995 renault clio 1.4rt. i think he's having me on, going for a second opinion 2morrow. if it was a knackered valve how much do think i would have 2 pay or is £400 the normal price.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help 24 database queries in 0.0085301 seconds