corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fitting 18s on a corsa B & some other stuff....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting 18s on a corsa B & some other stuff....
The squire

User status: Offline
17th Oct 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

Im new to the boards so sorry if this topic was brought up before. Im currently running a set of masitaly 17s on my corsa b. I have the arches cut back and the screws removed, and they only really scrub with two people in the back.

But lucky old me drive into a wall last night and kinda f**ked the front up. Its all good though, cos now i hav to get up off my ass and change that bloody combat front bumper!! So im gonna stick on this jap bumper http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72207&item=7928055306&rd=1 and a set of combat 2 arches, Sideskirts and combar 2 rear bumper.

What i was wondering is... After i fit the wide arches, will there be much room under the arches to cut back? And will there be much trouble fitting on 18s? I know thats a general enough question cos im not sure what rims ill be putting on so i dont know the offset!

BUt what do you guys think?

Im gonna have to change the wheels though cos the one that got hit is well wrecked, cos it took must of the blow! So i think the axle's kinda bent!! lol Also needin a new wing & headlight........ So ill be paying for this one ah well... at least the car will have a new kit

Thanks Guys

P.S what do you think of the jap bumper? Any alternative suggestions?
ed

17th Oct 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18's will fit on with your current set up. Most people are ignorant to the fact that the actuall rolling radius of an 18" wheel is around 9mm more than a 17" wheel, and the rolling radius of a 17" wheel is generally the same as a 16" wheel... With wide arches you'll want something like ET38, the ideal offset you want on a Vauxhall is around ET45 though - you can always space the wheels out with spacers to get them to sit right.

On another note - you'll probably only need a new stub axle and bearings for the hubs if you hit it hard...

[Edited on 17-10-2004 by 1800ed]
The squire

17th Oct 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks! Yeah, ive been doing searches on these boards to do with the front axle etc. and im starting to get worried!! Its the passanger side i hit and when i face the driver side wheel forward, the passanger wheel faces slightly out. And its sitting further out of the arch than the driver side, but only slightly. I mean, after i hit it, i still had another 150 miles left to my journey and the car did it fine....... But in order to go straight i have to turn the steering wheel to the right. I wonder is that just the alignment off or is the steering rack wrecked? Ill fing out tomorrow when opel open..... I hope!!
ed

17th Oct 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I span mine I bent the rear stub axle and gave the front a good bashing too - wrecked both of the wheels on the side that hit the kerb - the steering rack was fine, and the tracking was out loads. You'll have to get it checked out to be sure, but I think the Corsa steering racks are pretty tough!
The squire

17th Oct 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed!!
FlamingCorsa

17th Oct 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice kit that, dam cheep also
The squire

18th Oct 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turned out i need a new passenger side suspension. Two arms bent or something........ And a stub. 100 euro from the scrappy. Maybe ill get a full respray 2 .................

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fitting 18s on a corsa B & some other stuff.... 23 database queries in 0.0139849 seconds