corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » simple ice install, what should i look for?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author simple ice install, what should i look for?
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
14th Oct 04 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi , i would like a simple ice install. Eg Sub, front components and some better rear speakers.

I dont know much about ice, but i think i will need:

Headunit, (already have a blaupunkt alicante cd32)
Amp, and wiring kit
component front speakers and tweeters
rear speakers, and
A sub in appropriate box.

Any1 recomend what type/spec of amp do i need?
and im on bit of a budget, what do you recomend

thanks, Gary
hodaz

15th Oct 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many inputs does ur hu have?
moddedcorsa

15th Oct 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not shure,

heres the spec;

Alicante CD32 main features:

Easy to use and easy to install RDS radio CD receiver
Black removable front panel, white display and red button illumination
Security is assured with a removable front panel and 12 month anti-theft insurance included
Powerful 4 x 45W amplifier with X-BASS loudness and comprehensive tone control
Easily upgradeable with connections for remote control, CD changer, external amplifiers and personal hi-fi auxiliary input

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radio tuner features:

LW / MW / FM waveband coverage. 30 stations can be preset

RDS-AF (alternate frequency) feature inaudibly retunes the receiver to the best available signal for the station that is currently set

Travelstore automatically stores the six most powerful radio stations transmitting locally in the FM memory bank. Stored stations can be scanned

TA (traffic announcement) will switch station for the duration of a traffic report. The original station is restored at the end of the report. Tone, balance and volume of traffic announcements can be independently set.

PTY-EON (programme type) information displays and allows selection of similar types of programme (news, pop, classics, sport etc.)

Preset scan will play all receivable stations for a period (can be adjusted between 5 and 30 seconds)

Switchable hi-cut filter improves reception of weak FM stations by reducing treble

CD features:

Will play standard audio CDs and CD-R&R/W discs

Fast searching, random play, track scan and track repeat functions

Display can be set to show track number or playing time

Compatible Blaupunkt aftermarket CD changers can be connected

Amplifier features:

4 x 45W max power amplifier (4 x 25W RMS). Separate adjustments for treble, bass, fader and balance

Source-specific sound adjustment. Bass & treble settings can be different for each sound input source.

X-BASS loudness sound enhancement for low level listening. Programmable in four stages for a full sound at low volumes (each audio source can have its own level setting)

Power on and mute volume can be independently set

Four channel (3.0V) preamp output for connecting external amplifiers (requires accessory cable)

Other features:

Blaupunkt compatible infra-red remote controls can be added as an optional accessory. Unit can be linked to many makes of factory-fitted remote controls with an additional adaptor

Mute facility can be manually selected, or automatically activated by hands free phone call. Mute volume level is adjustable

Auxiliary input facility to connect external walkman MP3 device etc. (requires accessory cable) (Not available if CD changer is connected)

Timer allows one hour of use with ignition switched off, to protect vehicle's battery

Display can be set to display clock (12/24hr mode) briefly when radio is first switched on, and/ or permanently when radio is switched off

Red control button illumination

New Poll