corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » what will my xe have

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what will my xe have
corsa120

User status: Offline
8th Oct 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

terms of power as setup straight from garage should be ok

coscast lump 156bhp, with

powercap
decat
zorst
filter
lightweight alloy crank pulleys
magnex 4-2-1

should feel gr8 to drive with lightweight pulley, like havin lightened flywheel, and hoping for 165-170bhp with all above, but should rev so frelly with no cat an pulley on
Joff

9th Oct 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

160bhp.

Guessing figures is a slippery road to disappointment. Just get used to the car and if you're happy with the performance, resist the curiosity to find out what it's doing.

broster
Premium Member

9th Oct 04 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with joff, ur not going to gain full potential from the above mods unless u get it mapped properly aswell. and the pulleys will have a much smaller effect than a lightened flywheel. the coscat came with no cat anyway did it not?
corsa120

9th Oct 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disagree with u but agree with what ur saying joff if u get me, 4ponies from the above is shocking expect 10 but no more and mark it will be mapped aswell 4got to put that

i will be happy anyways whatever as its gonna be far quicker than tuning my 1.6 anyways
Joff

9th Oct 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a sense, you should expect an increase from any of the above.

• Powercap will only gain you bhp in the upper rev range
  • Filter and exhaust system (inc manifold) will let air in and out easier and you know how random these can be in giving good power gains in the real world.
  • Pulleys should help it rev a bit more, but I wouldn't have said they'll affect power.

What you've done will give you a nice revvy car to drive. It'll be responsive, but not anything special on power.

You could get 165-170+ but just aim for std and you won't be disappointed.
    If you're under standard then it's time to look into why.
  • broster
    Premium Member

9th Oct 04 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now with it being mapped then i think ull gain about 10bhp over standard, u wont know tho as ur car may have a good engine and hit 160bhp standard, but seems ur going from naff all to the lot u wont know.....if that makes sence
    corsa120

9th Oct 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no u dont make sense

DONT get me wrong i will be more than happy with STOCK power im not after more power really yet anyways as my 1.4/1.6 engines kept me happy for 4 years so this will tick me over nicely

joff u hit nail on the head revvy and nice to drive are what im after and with 160bhp of revvin horses i will be happy

takin weight off the crank though does have a good affect i never said it will gain me power but it will feel revvier which is what i like
    broster
    Premium Member

9th Oct 04 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn i dont even make sence to myself anymore lol. never mind
    corsa120

9th Oct 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we'll see on that rr day
    broster
    Premium Member

9th Oct 04 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed
    J100RSA

5th Nov 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its also got a skimmed and re worked head
    broster
    Premium Member

5th Nov 04 at 07:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goingto say not much at the moment lol, but soon it will be mighty!!!! how long till it arrives back in northampton?
    corsa120

7th Nov 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we'll see laydees, im hoping to have her bk in 2-3 weeks now but gotta sort brakes out and coilovers, got v6 brakes here but no braided hoses at mo

155bhp im well happy with anyways long as its running sweet, like i said few weeks bk keepin the corsa, but im gonna buy myself somat with 250-300 bhp for absolute madness, corsa will just have an edge over all corsa's/fiesta's etc round my way is what they will do when i wait for them to get flat out lol
    broster
    Premium Member

7th Nov 04 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by corsa120
    we'll see laydees, im hoping to have her bk in 2-3 weeks now but gotta sort brakes out and coilovers, got v6 brakes here but no braided hoses at mo

155bhp im well happy with anyways long as its running sweet, like i said few weeks bk keepin the corsa, but im gonna buy myself somat with 250-300 bhp for absolute madness, corsa will just have an edge over all corsa's/fiesta's etc round my way is what they will do when i wait for them to get flat out lol

dont pop into northampton then man, there is a nova turbo knocking about, looks like a shed too! lol, lots of fast motors now, how ever urs will be up with the best of them!!!
    Joff

11th Nov 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a crock of turd - there's no Nova tub. in Northampton.

what do you know - you're going to a Fester rolling road day

broster
    Premium Member

12th Nov 04 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by Joff
    What a crock of turd - there's no Nova tub. in Northampton.

what do you know - you're going to a Fester rolling road day

it went parppppp tish and flew off! gay lord!
    Joff

14th Nov 04 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really?

Talk.
    broster
    Premium Member

14th Nov 04 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was a shed looking nova, on the island by pvd, thought to myself "ill nail this fucker" dusted down the inside round the island all smug, then warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp tish screeeeeeech of wheels and boom off the fucker went, i went all coy and pretended i wasnt racing it
    Joff

14th Nov 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO but you're slow anyway!!

I think the VW Vento proved that!
    broster
    Premium Member

14th Nov 04 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by Joff
    LMAO but you're slow anyway!!

I think the VW Vento proved that!

yes, i am slow, i mean that tdi showed me the way home
    Greasemonkey

18th Nov 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lightened alloy pulley wont do a thing, even balancing the crank and lighteneing it dont do much, i had it done to my engine, if a wanna notice some difference start losing KG's off the fly wheel not grams off the crank, crank only needs lightneing and balancing to match it to the fly, to rectify it after a grind or on a highly tuned engine.
    corsa120

19th Nov 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ummm its all a random laugh
    James R

26th Nov 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a poer cap you will jump to around 165BHP, but you loose lots in the midrange as a trade off to the SFi box set up. Plus if the head has been flowed you may be one the way to 170BHP, just stick it on the rollers and find out.

Make the crank light weight and fully balanced is very important, as it reduced paracitic loss due to extra loading on the bearing. sounds like a nice set up.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » what will my xe have 24 database queries in 0.0152440 seconds