corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clifford alarms

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clifford alarms
Greg_M

User status: Offline
4th Oct 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone know of any good websites/ people that fit alarms in lincolnshire, i need some prices for one in the beetle!
baz2003uk

4th Oct 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi greg
dont whatever you do dont use GAP they stung me big time for my concept 600
ive been told sextons are ok think they got a web site as well
Matt H

4th Oct 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gap security fitted mine & i wouldnt recommend them
Kerry

4th Oct 04 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not slating clifford here as im no expert but having the concept 300 on one car and the toad ai616 on the other id go with the toad all day. my clifford is too random especially when its windy also add ons with the toad imo are better

but then its your choice
ainsley_brader

5th Oct 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my clifford was fitted by electromec in lincoln 01522 541535
Matt H

5th Oct 04 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my thoughts of clifford
stubs

5th Oct 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends how the system is set up.. And its sometime unfair to judge a system, compaired to another, when they've been installed by different fitters!

Also, its wrong to categorise "Clifford" or "Toad" alarms (for example), and say " yeah I get loads of false alarms when a truck goes by".. because, it depends on which sensors you have fitted, and how they've been set up (again down to the installer)

Anyway, having used and installed Toad, Clifford, Gemini, Autowatch and Scorpion alarms, I would say that you'd be better off with Clifford / Toad
stubs

5th Oct 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and another mis-conception it that Clifford alarms are "easier" to bypass, because more people have them & the fitting instructions are easy to get hold of.

BOLLOX!!

ALL alarms are easy to bypass if you know what you are doing, and AGAIN, it also depends how well the system was installed (and hidden).

CAT1 & 2 systems are also easy to get past.. they're not much different from regular alarms/immob's, only they have all black wires & re-enforced casings etc..

At the end of the day, if someone is wanting to steal your car/break in, they WILL do it! - The idea it to make it as awkard for them as possible, and attract attention to the car, in hope that they'll fuck off.
Rob_Quads

5th Oct 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
CAT1 & 2 systems are also easy to get past.. they're not much different from regular alarms/immob's, only they have all black wires & re-enforced casings etc..

How did you put it BOLLOCKS. Not all Cat 2 systems are just boxes connected up to the ignition circutry. Alot of the factory Cat2 immobilisers are actually integrated into the ECU and its not a case of shorting two wires to bypass it
Gez G

6th Oct 04 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a Meta M99-T Cat 1 and am more than happy with it altho if u know what ur looking for it would be eay to bypass.
Jambo

6th Oct 04 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clifford concept 300 here, no probs ever had it 3 years

All linked to solenoids as well

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clifford alarms 23 database queries in 0.0125411 seconds