corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just fitted new pads and discs and slight problem. Need advice asap!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just fitted new pads and discs and slight problem. Need advice asap!
Sims

User status: Offline
19th Sep 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to post in General chat guys, but not many people look in help zone where i have already posted. Only posting in here beacue i got to go to bed soon and i have to be in bristol for 8am tomorrow morning which is 22 miles away. the problem is explained below.....

right the brake light is off now and thats fine now. But i drove to my girlfriends and halfway i started to get a whining noise(squel) and it sounded like the pads were rubbing on the disc. This was only the left hand side.

Got to my girlfriends and double tighened the bolts on caliper and then jacked the wheel up. Tried spining it and there was some resistance.

what i found was it only done it when i was going straight or turning right. If i was turning left then the noise stopped. I shitting my self now because i have got to drive 22 miles to work tomorrow in Bristol. Anoyne got any ideas what it could be? have i possibly not put the disc flush onto the hub? do you think it might wear off after a few miles?

Any advice will be really appriciated. Thanks

[Edited on 19-09-2004 by Sims]
Kerry

19th Sep 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno but i wouldnt risk leaving it as it might score your disks
Sims

19th Sep 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i am worried about. It is on the side whichhad woert brake wear. The pads were down to the metal and i think were starting to sease on the inside pad because it looked like there was shiny disc metal on the pad.

I'm just hoping that if i take the wheel off and give the disc a wacking on to make sure it is housed properly it might fix it
Sims

19th Sep 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i'm off to bed now guys cos i am knackered and i am going to get up early to have another look.

I'll be thankful for any suggestions and i'll check back in the morning. More info here

Thanks in advance, Simsy

[Edited on 19-09-2004 by Sims]
goldfish
Banned

19th Sep 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

caliper stuck maybe. if the disc was not flush it would not run all the time. only part of the disc would hit the pad per revolution

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just fitted new pads and discs and slight problem. Need advice asap! 23 database queries in 0.0088170 seconds