corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would win in a race a fiat punto gt turbo or a corsa gsi#?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what would win in a race a fiat punto gt turbo or a corsa gsi#?
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
7th Sep 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gsi is about 115bhp, ive raced a modded Renault GT5 from 30mph, which has similar spec to the Punto GT, and we were neck and neck upto 80mph after which i stopped...

but to answer the question, it All depends how modded both cars are.. if both cars were fairly standard just zorst n induction kit, the punto would be quicker of the mark but corsa wud catch up after a while...

my mates punto GT was 200bhp!!! but if i had throttle bodies on my corsa gsi i would rape his ass!
Teddy

7th Sep 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard Corsa GSi 16v - C16XE 109bhp
X16XE - 106bhp

Punto GT Turbo Standard - 128bhp

The delivery of power is completly different one is a 1.4 8v Turbo the other is a 1.6 16v N/A

Mate of mine had a "tuned" Punto Turbo which was rolling roaded to 168bhp and he could easily keep up with my Calibra Turbo round town, when we hit the dual and hit the higher end speeds i eat him.

But that was only down to engine size. Awesomely quick little machines to be honest.
AK

7th Sep 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

monkey - a std GT WILL eat a std GSi
Teddy

7th Sep 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monkey even with a set of TB's you wouldnt even be near a 200bhp Punto Turbo.

What was done to it to get 200bhp?
J4CKO

7th Sep 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punto GT wud dick all over a GSI me mate had a GT and it was 200bhp !!!! fast as fook he was racing scoobys valver corsas and dicking all over them !!!

AK

7th Sep 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd say a GT is more on par with a Stc c20xe corsa with an install in the back (not huge mind)

standard for standard...

Throw 1k at each car and the GT will have about 170bhp and 170lb/ft.... the c20xe corsa hmmmm..... 165 maybe
MoNkEy MaGiC

7th Sep 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all im saying is ive raced a renault gt upto 80mph and it was even, never raced a punto gt though but they are similar to punto gt's, two of mates have them, one is near standard 130bhp, other is near 200bhp...

and a c16xe with thorttle bodies can easily get 200bhp!
AK

7th Sep 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no...... not easily
goldfish
Banned

7th Sep 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
my gsi is about 115bhp, ive raced a modded Renault GT5 from 30mph, which has similar spec to the Punto GT, and we were neck and neck upto 80mph after which i stopped...

but to answer the question, it All depends how modded both cars are.. if both cars were fairly standard just zorst n induction kit, the punto would be quicker of the mark but corsa wud catch up after a while...

my mates punto GT was 200bhp!!! but if i had throttle bodies on my corsa gsi i would rape his ass!

PMSL your a fool.
whats this guy done to get 200hp?

standard GT is 7.6s to 60mph, 20s to 100mph and 15.9 1/4. a GSi is 8.9s to 60, around 30s to 100 and high 16's 1/4 mile. explain how your GSi would be neck and neck.
goldfish
Banned

7th Sep 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Teddy
Standard Corsa GSi 16v - C16XE 109bhp
X16XE - 106bhp

Punto GT Turbo Standard - 130 - 133 - 136bhp

The delivery of power is completly different one is a 1.4 8v Turbo the other is a 1.6 16v N/A

Mate of mine had a "tuned" Punto Turbo which was rolling roaded to 168bhp and he could easily keep up with my Calibra Turbo round town, when we hit the dual and hit the higher end speeds i eat him.

But that was only down to engine size. Awesomely quick little machines to be honest.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would win in a race a fiat punto gt turbo or a corsa gsi#? 23 database queries in 0.0109432 seconds