corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fk highsport people.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fk highsport people.
corsafreak

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my bk alloys off today which were 16 x 7" et 45's and fitted some vaux alloys which are 15 x 5.5" et 46.
i now have bags of clearance on the rear arches which were scrubbing like mad with 2 people in the car (passenger side moreso). also there is loads more clearance on the front spring platform which means i can slam it now.

so the problem is the wheel width aswell as the offset. gonna lower it at the weekend then get me camber sorted.

btw the vaux rims were 1kg lighter than the bk rims per wheel so better acceleration aswell.
Joff

2nd Sep 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But your Vauxhall wheels look gash

'tis true though, most aftermarket alloy wheels are stupidly heavy!
corsafreak

3rd Sep 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
But your Vauxhall wheels look gash

'tis true though, most aftermarket alloy wheels are stupidly heavy!

i prefer the sleeper look tbh less likely to attract pikey's aswell .
Siberia

3rd Sep 04 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh if i had of known i would have had so much of a problem with the spring platforms at the front i would have for 6.5" wide wheels.

i also glad to hear i wasent the only one with scrubbing problems....although i fix that by adding in more bumpstop.
wee_kev

3rd Sep 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size wheels do you have Siberia? I have 17's and want to go lower at the front but can't without spacers or something to stop the tyre catching.

The back scrubs so i am going to have to bring it up a bit.

What did you do to yours to sort this out and how low are you sitting?
corsafreak

3rd Sep 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you had et49 with a 7 inch rim it would actually make the front worse for scrubbing against the platform. i think the rim with is the major problem.
a shorter helper spring on the front will allow the front to go lower though, get them from BAT motorsport i think.
Ant

4th Sep 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinkin of fitting some fk coilovers on mine im running et45 7x17s so i take it i will need to get some spacers. Wheels is already close to front arch!! can u get away with et 40 on the front with std arches?

[Edited on 04-09-2004 by aritchie]
Dave Helium

4th Sep 04 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old corsa had fk coilovers and i didnt ave any probs with scuffing at back and mine were right down! the only scuffing i had sumtimes was when i was going round roundabouts at speed!!

an old pic of how mine sat at back!

corsafreak

4th Sep 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
im thinkin of fitting some fk coilovers on mine im running et45 7x17s so i take it i will need to get some spacers. Wheels is already close to front arch!! can u get away with et 40 on the front with std arches?

mine were 16 x 7 inch et 45 and scrubbed on the back are due to the axle not being central. also the inner edge of the front tyre sat near to the spring platform stopping it going any lower. alloy with 6 or 6.5 inch wheels should have less clearance problems at the front.

et 40 will catch the back arches as they stick out further from the car but it may help at the front.
5doormodder

4th Sep 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus thats low
MoNkEy MaGiC

4th Sep 04 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by heliumhead
my old corsa had fk coilovers and i didnt ave any probs with scuffing at back and mine were right down! the only scuffing i had sumtimes was when i was going round roundabouts at speed!!

HOLY SHITE! that is SLAMMED
looks well nice, i love corsa's low, wanna do it to mine also

are those 17s with FK coilovers at minimum setting, -75mm
Ant

5th Sep 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsafreak
quote:
Originally posted by aritchie

mine were 16 x 7 inch et 45 and scrubbed on the back are due to the axle
not being central. also the inner edge of the front tyre sat near to the spring platform stopping it going any lower. alloy with 6 or 6.5 inch wheels should have less clearance problems at the front.

et 40 will catch the back arches as they stick out further from the car but it may help at the front.

The back i aint worried abot already down 40m no problems at all ever with my et45 wheels

its the fron if i use a 5mm spacer to clear the shock my wheels become et40 then i get into trouble with the front arches yes???????

basicly what i want to know is will i get away with 7x17et 45 or makie it 40 with 5mm spacer on the front with std arches, i dont want to go maga low.
MoNkEy MaGiC

5th Sep 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the further away from ET49 the worse the handling will be, but if its a 17x7inch wide it better to use ET45 for clearance, as many corsa owners have,

i take it the reason you use "spacers" is to clear the inner wheel from the front coilovers?

rather than use spacers and getting endless outer arch scrubbing and handling problems!!

someone on here changed the bottom spring of the coilover for a more softer spring that will compress twice as much and so make the car much lower without even having to adjust the coilover setting and so giving you the clearance from the wheel and coilover
AdiSRI

28th Sep 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoNkEy MaGiC
quote:
Originally posted by heliumhead

HOLY SHITE! that is SLAMMED
looks well nice, i love corsa's low, wanna do it to mine also

are those 17s with FK coilovers at minimum setting, -75mm

I cant se how that doesnt rub, when mine was that low ion 17's you couldnt move the car as the car was SAT on the tyre not the springs....
TOMAS

28th Sep 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ Think you'll find its the old rear camber trick at its best.... Couple of washers on the stub axel

Corsafreak, people have been aware of this for ages. Thats mainly why there was a BIG movement on this board at the end of last year/start of last year where all those on 17's including myself were downsizing...

Its actually tyre width that is the main culprit coupled with the rim width. In short the 'nicest' rims/rubber you could run would be something 6.5" wide and 195 rubber with as low a profile as possible oh and dont forget the ET49!

I've got a set of 15" Compomotive MO's which are my spare/trackday wheels and they are ET49, 6" wide and have 195 wide rubber which is dare I say THE best fitting wheels you'll ever find...

P.S ive ran 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17" wheels on my Corsa over the past 4 years with all types of rubber and have been lowered -70mm to + 20mm with varying suspension/coilovers.
luca2020

28th Sep 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines on 18s, 215/35/18, ET42 and lowered about 50mm on FK highsports with psg2 wide arch kit

it dont scrub with me in it (unless hit a dip in the road, corner way to fast)

passenger + me, worse

people in the back, no chance! lol
TOMAS

28th Sep 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL ^ dont know how you do it, I cant stand scrub and I like it when you say corner waaay too fast LOL, exactly how fast is too fast sir Faster the better!
AdiSRI

28th Sep 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does scrub a lot 7x 17 on fair dips, im gonna change my 205/40/17 uniroyals for 195/40/17 pirelli p zero neros as soon as i can afford to.
luca2020

28th Sep 04 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to fast would be going round a roundabout at around 60mph or a sharpe corner at 40mph (ish)

it is a pain in the arse, but i only drive my self around, max 1 person and thats a rareity so its not bad at all (and i have a g8 excuse not to taxi people everywhere lol)

New Poll