corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what to do with my xe corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what to do with my xe corsa
astravanman

User status: Offline
   31st Aug 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have rescently blown the head gasket on my xe and i dont know what to do any ideas peeps

1 do the head
2 buy a cossy head for it and do that
3 sell it and buy a turbo lump
any other ideas off what to do and if i fix the head will it go porouses again thanxs
ed

31st Aug 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replace the headgasket perhaps? Simple enough job compared to what you plan to do
astravanman

31st Aug 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k lol but i thought it would be cheaper to get a cossy head as they dont go porous lol
J da Silva

31st Aug 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, they are LESS likely to go porous, there are no guarantee's, i've seen a few gunge filled coscast heads in the past
ed

31st Aug 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your head porous though? Although the GM heads are prone to going porous as the oil galery is too damn close to the coolent gallery, it is not as common a problem as people lead you to belive. Also, to replace a head gasket you are looking at £20 for the gasket, £20 for a timing belt, some oil and a Sunday afternoons work. Where as to replace the head you are looking at around £250 for the head, plus all the work you need to do to swap one over - I think they need to be skimmed before you can fit them from another engine second hand too...
Adam_B

31st Aug 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will need to be skimmed anyway.... only £25 tho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what to do with my xe corsa 23 database queries in 0.0093281 seconds