corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How On Earth Do You lot Live with the Corsa C!!!????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How On Earth Do You lot Live with the Corsa C!!!????
MattyB

User status: Offline
27th Aug 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
Your brother hasnt had the best luck with his nova's has he

thats the biggest understatement ever! lol.

he's not a shite driver, just has very bad luck. lol

Matt
Mark Petty

27th Aug 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never really like Corsa C's, but then again I have a corsa B but i'm starting to dislike them as well.
I would never spend £8-9k on a corsa.
Japanese is the way forward
CorsaLad16v

27th Aug 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm 6ft 3 with a C, i don't get out aching lol

and i have enough room for myself, fair enough in the back its crap, but i dont ferry people around lol plus i have my seat right back anyway
John

27th Aug 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People that say the b is better than the c are having a laugh. I'm not gonae try and say the c is an amazing car or anythin but its much much better than the b. The interior in the b is shit and from what i've seen on here its only people with b's that for some reason or another can't get a c that say how shit they are.
Thoday

27th Aug 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my answer

heated front sport seats

full leathers,

lowered sports suspension and 90bhp

with a standard vauxhall kit is how i love it!
Fad

27th Aug 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look good when modified but are unresponsive and it lacks feedback...even the 1.8 SRi lets it down
burgess

27th Aug 04 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many corsa c owners find them hard to turn right due to the electic power steering failing??? guessing loads if you have noticed!
try turning right with one finger if its fcuked you wont be able to turn it far round! get it back to vauxhall under warrenty!
R Lee

28th Aug 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had both and i can say that i prefer C. power wise, yes... its fucking shit. but interior is more pleasant than the b.

in all honesty, they're both crap... its a corsa
Rob H

28th Aug 04 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owned a B before my C and driven my mates nova, and how people can say either of the older carsare better is beyond me .

Get into my mums B now when i have to move it off the drive and it feels awful to drive in comparison. Sloppy gear change, arkward steering wheel position, stupidly placed accelerater pedal right next to wheel well, no clutch foot rest etc.

Mines a 1.4 Sri, so most of the delay between pressing the throttle and the engine responding has gone compared to the 1.2's ive been in.

Admittedly they do take a while for you to get used to them, but then its the same with most cars. You get used to driving that, no matter what it is, and when you get in another car they just feel "wrong".

As for the space issue, Im tottaly confused by that one. IMO the Corsa C seems to have the biggest space inside a small car that ive seen, compared to its rivals. It seems much bigger than the B's, and it's huge compared to Saxo's/106's. I actually got into my dads Vectra last night and thought that felt more chlostrophobic than mine .

Oh and btw, im 6ft tall, and have size 12 feet, and havent ever had a problem with feeling cramped. or felt the pedals too close together .

[Edited on 28-08-2004 by Rob H]

[Edited on 28-08-2004 by Rob H]
Icy

28th Aug 04 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drove kirstys car, its faster than mine but dont really feel it maybe the 18s
the 1.8 is fun tho was nippy
Scotty_B

28th Aug 04 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Corsa C looks good when done up properly i.e Painz, Kirsty but thats it. Everything else is crap. My girlfriends Fiesta is only a 1.25 16v but it could hold onto to my C SRi 1.4 up to about 80mph. As for the handling don't make me laugh, even when my Corsa was lowered 30mm on Eibachs the Fiesta could still out handle it on the country roads. The steering is lifeless and front end grip is non-existant. The seating postion is a joke and the steering wheel is way to big. The mechanical side isn't much better, I've had 3 steering racks, gear linkage and the ignition coil replaced and the cars only 2 and a half years old. I also made the cardinal mistake of getting the car in Flat black which scratches way to easily and looks horrible.

Rant over.
Rob B

28th Aug 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 1.2 16v sxi (year 2000 corsa b) does that mean i have the same engine as the corsa C ?
Thoday

28th Aug 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find my exclusiv has plenty pf pull to keep up and overtake in 3rd and 4th and keeps to the road good on 16s
Noonster

28th Aug 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my C - looks sweet IMO all done up and he power is not that bad at all.... stick and exhaust and get a panel put in and the 1.2 picks up nicely
Paul H

28th Aug 04 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i liked novas and the corsa c looks alot more like the nova than the corsa b does.plus it was cheap only paid £500 more for it than corsa b's where going for at the time.i have driven both the b and c and i must say i liked the b better to drive
Dom

28th Aug 04 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, the only advantage a corsa B has over a C is that you can get them Let'd or XE'd, whereas the people with the C's have to win the lottery to make the dream come true
Doug_SRi

28th Aug 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had two corsa c's now, brother has had one and since my dad works for vauxhall i have driven loads. I can see where people are coming from with the dash but ist never bothered me. Every car has faults but the corsa c wouldnt have been the UKs top selling car one month if it was that bad. I think i will be getting another one throught my insurance but been looking at the astra coupe se2 but just have to wait and see if its a direct replacement that they give me since car was only 9months old.
Dr Pepper

28th Aug 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a b for 3 years- never got any aches or pains while driving........recently had a c as a hire car and after short drives i could hardly walk, the angle of the seat combined with the position of the pedals is an absolute nightmare for anyone 6 ft plus.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How On Earth Do You lot Live with the Corsa C!!!???? 23 database queries in 0.0118861 seconds