corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » In-car Screen / TV / playstation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In-car Screen / TV / playstation
sbrown

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 04 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to put a TV screen in my car. My mate had one that fitted into the slot for the radio, but I dont wanna do that because I want to keep my stereo in. I was thinking therefore of putting in one of those handheld screens (fixing it in place), seen as they aint too expensive. Basically I just wanna know a few things first.

1. I know you can just wire the screen into the 12V supply (such as the fag lighter connection), but what do you do about powering the playstation that you use to play stuff on? How is this powered as presumably this cant just be hooked up to the same 12V power source?

2. My mate had his hooked into his stereo. How is this posssible, is it inputted through the arial? If so, is it possible to still work the radio off the arial (is some sort of splitter required?). If not how is it done? The mini screens i am looking at only have a headphone socket output, can i take this and somehow get it into my stereo to play through the car speakers?

3. If i wanted to hook it up to get TV channels, do i need anything other than an arial (can i just hook it up to the car arial). The screens i am looking at have a built in tv tuner with a telescopic arial, but also an input for an external arial.

Also, has anyone got any pics of such installations ie. not screens which are standard ones in the stereo bay? Is it difficult, are there any hidden problems?

Thanks, any help much appreciated.

Steve
blundey

User status: Offline
24th Aug 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i cant answer ur questions as specific as u require but i can tell you how ive done mine.

I bought a hand held dvd player cost 180 quid. I then made a bracket out of a metal sheet and mounted this under the stereo.

I then went on to get some industrial velcro to hold it the dvd player to the metal bracket so i can remove it any time i need to.

The dvd player has many option to enable me to do what your wanting.

It allows av input/output including TV, it plays dvd's it has audio in and out so ive hooked it into my aux out on the stereo.

It can also play vcd/dvd/mp3.

So really it does everything YOu want plus it plays dvd's. Ill get pics up for you soon.

What car have you got? corsa b/c? if its a corsa C i can make u the mounting bracket and supply the player all in all for 200 quid. All u would need to do it plug it in

New Poll