corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitted spax PSX -60mm, now lockups everywhere, how to sort?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitted spax PSX -60mm, now lockups everywhere, how to sort?
uprated

User status: Offline
21st Aug 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got my car lowered and it locks the fronts up under a normal amount of brake pressure, the rears dont lock, they work as they should its just the fronts, its a bit dangerous actually, i nearly smacked into a parked car and skidded halfway across a junction, not cos i was going fast, its just they dont work as well and want to lock up all the time. I could press them a lot harder before lowering and simply stop a load sharper, can i do anything to get my brakes back?

Thanks

[Edited on 21-08-2004 by uprated]
Stu_22

21st Aug 04 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to take it to an MOT place and get the brakes balanced
broster
Premium Member

21st Aug 04 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

humm thats just wierd, never had the proplem on the front did on the rear but jus tadjusted the bias valve.....not sure what to suggest
uprated

21st Aug 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could it maybe be the camber of te wheels being too negative now? making less contact with the road?
PaulW

21st Aug 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you lowered it but are the wheels also new? ie, new tyres?
richard_syko
Banned

21st Aug 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There some thing about this in my max power corsa book about a pressure regulator, linked to the rear sus,
TOMAS

21st Aug 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where the dampers new? Does the car feel bouncy at the front? Seems a strange one this. It could be camber but I very much doubt it. I drove round with nackered front dampers for a while - it was pretty dangerous cos the front end of the car would bounce under hard braking at high speeds and cause me to skid, bounce, skid, bounce....
uprated

21st Aug 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a full psx kit, matched shocks and springs, fitted at a spax centre and laser tracked/aligned, new potenza S-03 tyres on end of last week when it went to the garage, dressing has been scrubbed off and they are extremely grippy.
dampers are set to 0 clicks so softest setting, it doesnt bounce and its the left front that locks first followed by the right if i let the brakes snatch it, but the left is proper keen to lock
TOMAS

22nd Aug 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it sounds like it must be a bias problem in that case? Have you spoke to the place that fitted them? Do they lock lots in the DRY? This is most strange as ive personally had about 5/6 different sets of suspension on my corsa and its never done anything like whats happening to yours? Have you tried it with different damper settings as with my PSX kit I found 0 clicks to be a bit too quick for the damper and gave me a little bounce...

What pressure are your tyres?

[Edited on 22-08-2004 by TOMAS]
broster
Premium Member

22nd Aug 04 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u knock the caliper or anythink ,sounds liek the front brakes are a bit buggered
uprated

22nd Aug 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got it on 8 clicks now as i went for a ride lastnight and it wallowed a bit in the corners so i tightened it up
uprated

22nd Aug 04 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found out what it was, ive had the wheel off to take a look, the gaiter on the front offside wheel was ripped up, chucking grease over everything, the right disc was covered in grease so it wasnt braking, causing me to press the brakes harder, locking the left disc then eventually the right, Its been doing it for a couple of weeks, the lowering just made it a lot more apparent as i could actually feel what was happening. gotta get it booked into renault now then, how much do you reckon its gonna be? or do you reckong its a "3 month warranty job" warranty job.
Cos im either having to wait maybe a while fro renault to toss it off then fix it, or go nextdoor to my work and theyll do it for me like right away cos they're top lads, but obviously they'll charge.

New Poll