corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just had a crash

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just had a crash
Hogge TD

User status: Offline
19th Aug 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad your alright bro.

Gutted for u - RIP

[Edited on 19-08-2004 by Hogge TD]
langey

19th Aug 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug_SRi
Was going through a straight on filter which was green, person from the opposite direction turned in front of me and i hit his passenger side. He had a green light as well but there is also a filter for him which goes green when mine goes red but he mustnt have seen me coming. I was taken to hospital but am ok but dont have any of his details or that. Police will have them but i need to go and remove my backbox as I think the cars a too damaged to repair so got to track the car down. (exhaust was declared). What will happen now about police and whos fault it was and that as I know it was his fault but dont want to loose my no claims cause it was his fault. What will happen now?

i done this but i was the one turning right, all my fault, the other people got paid out thousands of pounds each, your in the money fella
Murga

19th Aug 04 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for an insurance investigation company so it'll probs come to some where like that

[Edited on 29/09/2003 by Murga]
Doug_SRi

20th Aug 04 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has spoken to the garage and there gonna recommend that its written off as the bulk head has moved. They basically said that it will be or the insurance company may choose to put a new shell on it but this would cost alot. Still not seen the police so dont know other guys details but my witness saw everything and going to the doctors on mon/tues as my back is killing me
Doug_SRi

2nd Sep 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance company dont believe the car is a write off from the pics so sending there own assessor to see it. Got a copy of the bill and the grand total for the repair is £7731.59 and that is still missing a few things like aircon unit! The new shell is £1263 without vat.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Sep 04 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike_1.2LS96
When someone went into the back of my dads car, they offered same model/make car replacement or cash to the same value of his car at the time.
Yes - but Dougs is under 12 months old.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Sep 04 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug_SRi
The new shell is £1263 without vat.
Bargain, Super 1600 rally car anyone?
Russ

2nd Sep 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did the airbag(s) go off? if so, more likely to be a write off.

not your fualt mate, you had ROW
Doug_SRi

2nd Sep 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the airbags did go off
Dean_H

2nd Sep 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doug if u gonna take things off, take the pedals off and ill buy em off you (if a write off)
Claire

2nd Sep 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should be writen off! My sister crashed hers - it was a month old C - sxi. It needed a new bodyshell and the bill would have been 4.5k and they wrote it off..... didnt look as bad as yours really and airbags didnt go off either.
Jamie

2nd Sep 04 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not too good mate, hate that bloody junction.

Went down there nearly every morning/afternoon for college and you can guarantee someone will jump the lights.

Hope it all gets sorted Doug.
1600power

3rd Sep 04 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will say this now, that corsa in no way shape or form needs a new frikin bodyshell and that quote for repairs is also total bollocks.

I tell you now that car will appear in a repairable salvage yard for about 4k, be repared professionally for at most 1-2k and be put back on the road very easily!!!!

Ive seen much much much worse cars than that being repaired and put back on the roads, insurance makes me sick this is the sort of reason why are insurance is sky high.

7.7k lmfao
Claire

3rd Sep 04 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
i will say this now, that corsa in no way shape or form needs a new frikin bodyshell and that quote for repairs is also total bollocks.

I tell you now that car will appear in a repairable salvage yard for about 4k, be repared professionally for at most 1-2k and be put back on the road very easily!!!!

Ive seen much much much worse cars than that being repaired and put back on the roads, insurance makes me sick this is the sort of reason why are insurance is sky high.

7.7k lmfao

As if you can possibly tell if the shell is twisted by looking at those pictures I agree it will probably be repaired more easily than 7.7k but you can't possibly assess the damage from a photograph.
Ditch

3rd Sep 04 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ermmmm, that shell looks pretty buckled to me
Doug_SRi

3rd Sep 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car dont look too bad now especially with the panels removed but the bulkhead is damaged which cause the dash to be mishaped a little and thats part of the shell so has to be written off.

the parts list contains 72 parts and is missing headlights and aircon. airbag replacement is £1052.80 and then there is pretentioners at £193+vat, dash at £233+vat. the bill includes £1800 of labour at £24.50/hr.
It adds up!

[Edited on 03-09-2004 by Doug_SRi]
Wolfy

3rd Sep 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
and also put insurance up ppl like you make me sick !!!

stfu ive got sever damage to my lower back and my left shoulder because of some tit.
im out of work because its to painfull and i risk damaging it more, im on 3 types of painkillers so i can move around and stuff and your telling me that it makes you sick cause im claiming for my personnal injury just so i can pay back my credit card im living off while im out of work.

stfu!
1600power

3rd Sep 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Claire G
quote:
Originally posted by 1600power

7.7k lmfao

As if you can possibly tell if the shell is twisted by looking at those pictures I agree it will probably be repaired more easily than 7.7k but you can't possibly assess the damage from a photograph.

As it happens you are probebly right, but by looking at that can you possibly agree that the car needs a new shell??????? i mean ffs look at it, a car thats rolled over 6 times then yer but a bump like that erm how?

Intresting to hear about the dash being buckled however dont think I've ever seen a car with that kind of damage before unless the impact on the front has been massive and from the damage I can see I would say this doesnt look like the case!?

but 7.7k is still absolutly ridiculous
LoudandProud

3rd Sep 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Calibra2zero
quote:

stfu ive got sever damage to my lower back and my left shoulder because of some tit.
im out of work because its to painfull and i risk damaging it more, im on 3 types of painkillers so i can move around and stuff and your telling me that it makes you sick cause im claiming for my personnal injury just so i can pay back my credit card im living off while im out of work.

stfu!

i have the same probelm except the shoulder my accident was 3 years ago and still waiting i was out of work for 2 years, couldnt walk for 9 months and couldnt eat for 6 so was on lots of pills and they came back n offered me 1k i laughed n said no
1600power

3rd Sep 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Calibra2zero
quote:

stfu!

fairplay m8, people automatically think that everyone that claims is doing it because they know they can get money. However their narrowminded view seems to forget that people really do get hurt and quite badly very easily and whiplash can cause very serious damage.

I hope your injuries get better soon m8
Doug_SRi

3rd Sep 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found out that insurance company are refusing to replace the shell and are going to pull it into shape instead. Still costing around £6000+ to fix a car worth £7.5k but garage cant believe it.
KPGrimmy

3rd Sep 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be entitled to a new replacement car. Read your policy mate, usually says that the damage has to be 60% of the new car price and you get a new replacement car (if it's under a year old of course).

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just had a crash 23 database queries in 0.0217900 seconds