corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how many litres of paint does it take to do a corsa b?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how many litres of paint does it take to do a corsa b?
impacter

User status: Offline
15th Aug 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to respray my car, but i wanna know how many litres i would need for it.
ollie
impacter

15th Aug 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am looking at the rage extreme ice blue. they sell it for £24.58 per 90grams. i've searched the site and i need just a lil below 4 litres. so i'll get 4 to be on safe side. BUT how many 90grams do i need to respray my car? god this is all so confusing!
ollie
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Aug 04 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume by asking how much you need that you're not a pro, this is difficult paint to work with....?
Kris TD

15th Aug 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 litres is more than enough
Jafster

15th Aug 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

-you cant use 2pack paint unless you have an airfeed mask- if you dont you can be killed-you should look that up
just a word of warning
1600power

15th Aug 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mr jafster
-you cant use 2pack paint unless you have an airfeed mask- if you dont you can be killed-you should look that up
just a word of warning

2pack paint wont kill u unless u are exposed to it for a prolonged period of time. Spraying a car will take no more than 30 mins and thats if u keep stopping in between.

This sort of exposure is safe, but if u do this sort of thing everyday all day then this is when it becomes a serious health hazard and the need for an airfed mask is a must.
ikky

15th Aug 04 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just resprayed my whole car myself, jus finished it. i used just over 2 1/2 litres of colour, and 2 litres of laquer.
the paint your talking about is quite hard to use, do u have proper kit?
and the two pack thing, it aint guna kill u in little bits, its the hardener that does the damage, buy the best mask you can afford, it helps alot. got abit of a tight chest n abit dizzy, but im sure it will pass!
5doormodder

16th Aug 04 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get pretty good 'disposable' 2pak masks, they are about £12.50 from a decent paint shop. made by m3 these are really good masks, i used one while i painted my bodykit, they can be used about 20-30 times before they need replacing aswell. When i used mine, i couldnt smell the paint atall, it was only when i walked 20 foot away and removed my mask i could smell it really bad ! just goes to show how well these cheap disposable masks work

New Poll