corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa identity crisis

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa identity crisis
Smoore

User status: Offline
   9th Aug 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a "1.6 16v" corsa sport last week but now im unsure what engine is in it!its a 1.6 on the tax book and the vin number on the tax book matches the cars vin number!
but i was looking threw the vauxhall booklets that i got with the car and i found a vauxhall car pass(contains details on engine size,radio code etc) and it says engine type x14xe and again the vin number on the card also matches my cars vin number!
so what engine do i have?
i was lookin for the engine code on the place it is on the old 8v vauxhalls(on top of the bottom end) and i cant see it there but around the same area on the front of the block there seems to be something printed on the block but its to rusty to read!where should the engine number be?
is there any bodywork/interior difference from the 1.4 16v and 1.6 16v to help me identify which engine is in it!failing that what should each engine hit the limiter at in each gear and i could test thats way!eg 1st gear,x mph at x rpm! thanks Stephen
CorsAsh

9th Aug 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could look at the diameter of the front discs, they'll be 256mm if 1.6 engine, smaller if 1.4...

Having said that, I know of someone who has a 1.6 but somehow vaux put 1.4 brakes on, something to do with crossover between the models on the assembly line...
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Aug 04 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a registration document for it?

There are subtle differences, as Ash says the brake discs. Tyres should also be 185 not 165, and there may be a grey bezel around the dials.
Smoore

9th Aug 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You got a registration document for it?

There are subtle differences, as Ash says the brake discs. Tyres should also be 185 not 165, and there may be a grey bezel around the dials.

yeah i have the registration document,its a corsa sport 1.6i on it!
tyres are 195 uniroyals
brake discs are 256mm
and it has the grey bezel so im pretty sure its the 1.6 now!thanks for your help guys
CorsAsh

9th Aug 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ

10th Aug 04 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orange needles come in the 16 sports too
dirtymagician

10th Aug 04 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ