corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Computers..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Computers..
Patrick

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not ICE, but is electronic

I'm thinking about buying a new PC for my bedroom. I want to know what clever things you can do with computers?

I know the one I picked out has internet and DVD player etc.. but have also seen things like an Digital TV hub so you can watch tele on the PC. Can you also get things like home cinema connections to plug into PC aswell?

Any other cool stuff?

Sorry, bit bored
--Dave--
Banned

3rd Aug 04 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can pretty much do whatever you want on your pc mate.

In order to watch telly you'll need a TV-Card which are around £100 . If you want to play games from your PC onto your telly then you'll need a decent graphics card with TV out on it. Bear in mind though that the image won't be that great due to the refresh rate of the telly.

As for Home Cinema kits, you talking about sound? If so get an Audigy 2 sound card. You can then plug 4.1/5.1 or 6.1 speakers to your computer and enjoy DVD's how they're meant to be. I'd recommend Logitech speakers, especially the THX certified ones, though these can be quite dear.

I just purchased a new flatscreen for my computer, much better than the shitty CRT i had. Picture is crisper and colours are more vivid. Movies look and sound
Patrick

3rd Aug 04 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers.
Korsa

3rd Aug 04 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can also get nakid ladies through the interweb i heard....
--Dave--
Banned

3rd Aug 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ this is true.
Korsa

3rd Aug 04 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where ?

--Dave--
Banned

3rd Aug 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.nakedladies.com

Dom

3rd Aug 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can do anything you want with a pc, although a few extra pointers to add to daves but

TV card will ste you anything from 30 quid to 150 quid, obviously the more expensive cards offer real-time mpeg compression etc and offer a better picture in general. Note: you can also get DVB cards (On Digital telly) and you can get Sat cards, so you can hook it up to you sky dish and with a propper sky box card, can watch channels etc. Big Note: in the UK, you can NOT get digital tv cards for UK cable telly

And home cinema, well you can take that to extremes ie: HTPC (Home Theater PC). Theres software already out that will allow you to record from your TV card, and then watch it via your telly. And programms offer you on screen tv guides etc etc Its very big in the US, especially with their HDTV stuff.

TBH, think of an idea (something that can be kinda possible ) and wack it in to google. Im sure some american geek has found a way to do it

New Poll