corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » alpine i-personalize question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alpine i-personalize question
Doug

User status: Offline
29th Jul 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have just got my brand new alpine CDA-9835 head unit.
Now this has i-personalise.

I was wondering what sort of settings i want to get a nice all round sound quality that will sound good where ever you are in the car (not fussy am i?)

So basicly what i am asking is what settings would be best for this set up:

-standard front speakers and tweeters
- sony 6x9's on the parcel shelf run off the rear speaker feed (cut old speakers out and ran the wire to the 6x9's)
- 2x 12" rockford fosgate subs run off one amp in the boot

I have a Corsa C.
So i was wondering what time delay and EQ settings i need.

Hope someone can help me!
MoNkEy MaGiC

31st Jul 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9 are a no no!!
theirs lots of posts on here about them so i wont go into detail...

you shoud get some really good speakers for the FRONT and forget the rear just use the standard in the rear...

if you really want good sound from the back you can have the 6x9s but have them set on a low gain or fade with mainly just trebble

and that with your subs will sound ace
CopyWrite

31st Jul 04 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's amazin how everyone rules out 6x9's.
Hehe, anyway it depends what sort of a system ur tryin to create.
6x9's share the same air that the subs push in the boot, if ur not using subs then amped 6x9's in a stelf shelf can sound pretty good.
Ur ears face forward so to get the best sound u want some really nice comps run off an amp...try and make ur own door builds so the mid speaker faces up and inwards towards the car.
If u really want rear speakers then try n get some small round co-axils in the rear pannels.
Using the standard front speakers will be difficult to get a really crips sound, look at the size of a h/u & everything in it including the internal amp, then look at amps in general.
Much better off ampin some front speakers...active wiring if possible.

New Poll