corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Couple of questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of questions
H13X JW

User status: Offline
16th Jul 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mornin ppl, i need sum help with a '93 corsa b sri. When i first start it up after it's been sat for a while (i.e Overnight or even a few hours) it ticks over really lumpy . I've tried resetting the ECU as i didn't know what else to do but that didn't help. Has anyone got an idea what it could be?

Also i know this will hav bin asked a million times so sorry but will 17's with 205 size tyres go on with a drop of apparently 45mm but it's more like 50 imo on springs alone? Thanx for any help
chris_uk
Premium Member

16th Jul 04 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm alloys should be fine dropped 45 mm

dunno about the engine prob tho
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Jul 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolant sensor, thats what it was with mine
Rileysport

16th Jul 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have to "reset" the ecu when u change this sensor, coz it did f**k all to improve it when i changed mine! but i aint reset nuffin.

Andy

[Edited on 16-07-2004 by SRi-Co]
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Jul 04 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure, garage installed mine but it cant do much harm leaving ur battery unplugged for a few hours
Siberia

16th Jul 04 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old engine at this stage... is it serviced regularly?... it may be sumtin simple like a distributor cap, leads and rotor arm.

the temp sensor went on my yoke before but the car kept cutting out at junctions and even tryeed to cutting out between gears..

[Edited on 16-07-2004 by Siberia]
Rileysport

16th Jul 04 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DIS pack, all new leads and plugs too
H13X JW

16th Jul 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the replies. I hav only had the car bout 5 months and it's bin like this for bout 1. Wen i got it i serviced the usual things, plugs oil etc. so i dunno if it'll b that. i dont think i have a dizzy cap as it's got that sorta ridged box on the side of the engine where a usual dizzy wud b. Wat's this coolant sensor do and how do i change it?
Rileysport

16th Jul 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

controls the "choke" it screws into the head under your DIS pack, 2 minute job part costs 20 squid as far as i remember

New Poll