corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DVLA trying to legislate against modified cars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DVLA trying to legislate against modified cars
Kerry

User status: Offline
14th Jul 04 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have taken this from another site so ignore the reference to R's

URGENT - DVLA/Govt. trying to legislate against moddified cars...

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/public/consu.../vi_summary.htm

PLEASE everybody interested in being able to continue to engine swap, tube frame or significantly visually alter motor vehicles in the UK go to the DVLA web site and go through the nausea of completing thier online submission - also please request a copy of the consultation paper. Doesn't matter if you don't read it - they judge strength of public feeling on the number of them that the send out.

basically they are trying to screw anyone moddifying a car, and particularly those of us moddifying older cars (not allowing fitting of more modern components without having to re-register on a Q plate, having to go the SVA for your mods every time, etc.)

BTW kit means kit car built to original kit car spec not fitting a body kit.

Deadline is 19th July, they're sneaked this f*cker on us without any anouncement

this is from 100nx.com similar threads at uk-hotrods.co.uk and 200sx
PASS IT ON TO OTHER CLUBS!!

YEAH IT MIGHT NOT EFFECT PULSARS TO MUCH BUT IF YOU GO FOR A TOMMIE IT COULD OR CHANGE YOUR BONNET( just seen its all caps sorry ) and everyone who puts a whiteline kit on(think thats most of you ). plus if the police dont know what your car is, telling them its one of the GREATEST unkown cars might not stop you having to get it insepcted.

Does anyone really want to risk having a Q plate R.

By the way i do want an R but it would sort of take some of the shine off it for me.

Below you will find the points system. If your car doesn't meet the min of 8 points you will be issued with a Q plate, as Golders mentioned above.
So if you change your suspension, have an engine transplat and gear box to match, then you loose 5 points out a total of 14.
This will mean you have 9 car points. Enough to keep our plate.

Make any mods to the body and you start loosing points out of the five allocated for the body.

Hope this is clear for people.
bradfincham

14th Jul 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does this apply on cars that have already been modified though!
Syrely there must be some way all the car clubs and owners clubs can make a comback??
Andy Stocker

14th Jul 04 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just as well i'm trying to make mine look standard
Marc

I bet factory fitted extras are excluded from this.
Kerry

In these cases the vehicle components used from the original vehicle will be given a numerical value and, in order to retain the original registration mark the vehicle must score eight or more points.

If less than eight points are scored or a second-hand or modified chassis or altered monocoque bodyshell is used an ESVA/SVA/MSVA certificate will be required to register the vehicle and a 'Q' prefix registration number will be allocated.

The following values will be allocated to the major components used:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chassis/body shell (body and chassis as one unit - monocoque)* (original or new) = 5
Suspension = 2
Axles = 2
Transmission = 2
Steering Assembly = 2
Engine = 1

And if for some reason anyone is driving a Nova (why?) no more bigger engine's PLEASE PASS IT ON TO ANY CAR GROUPS YOU ARE A MEMBER OF & FILL OUT THE QUESTIONAIRE
Adam_B

14th Jul 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i clicked the link and it says page cannot be found
M2RTY

14th Jul 04 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pile of shite
Kerry

14th Jul 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok heres the link that works

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/public/consult/veh_inspec/vi_summary.htm
Joff

14th Jul 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically the DVLA recognises that most of the cars at Max Live were fooking awful - they even had an example on their site to prove it.

They want to bring in new legislation so that the only people that should style cars is car DESIGNERS. Not some idiot with a trade account with a fibreglass supplier.
Paul H

14th Jul 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

except most car designers get it wrong aswell looking at some of the stuff that's come out lately
Greg_M

14th Jul 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its always been that scoring system, it doesnt make a blind bit of difference
J da Silva

14th Jul 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

load of knackers, the webpage supplied doesn't even work
Greg_M

14th Jul 04 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case you can never rebuild a car, or do anything. all rally cars will not be able to drive on the road between events ect
nik

14th Jul 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like pish to me there is no way they could bring this into action. I maybe agree with sva type things though, lost count how many dangerously lowered cars, bits of bodywork hanging off, exhausts sticking out too far etc I've seen. If the cars mot worthy then theres no problem If they did bring this in think how many businesses would go under etc (r tec, carisma to name a few)
CorsAsh

14th Jul 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewy
except most car designers get it wrong aswell looking at some of the stuff that's come out lately

I'm doing car design at uni, this is some of my work... have I got it wrong too?

Robbo

14th Jul 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I smell bullshit

Agreed Nik re. MOT should be enough - they should concentrate on getting rid of dodgy MOT stations
Joff

14th Jul 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:

I'm doing car design at uni, this is some of my work... have I got it wrong too?

At the front, yes
CorsAsh

14th Jul 04 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:

At the front, yes

I agree, but thats the only full shot I've uploaded... Front has changed now...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » DVLA trying to legislate against modified cars 23 database queries in 0.0247121 seconds