corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Catalitic Convertor ? Help Me.........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Catalitic Convertor ? Help Me.........
YesBoss[UK]

User status: Offline
   9th Jul 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi peeps, i recentlry had a backbox fitted to my corsa, but im not happy with he sound quality and performance, someone told me to have a custome system fitted , also my catalitic convertor would also be silensing the exhaust...? Can i get the catalitic convertor taken off?, been told if i did my car would fail its M.O.T... Is this true, im sure its that what makes it so quiert
CorsAsh

9th Jul 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you need the cat to pass MOT. It does have silencing effect too. In general, decatted 16v engines sound raspy too, dunno if you like that sort of thing?]

[Edited on 09-07-2004 by CorsAsh]
PaulW

9th Jul 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it will fail MOT

not that its actually REQUIRED by law, its just there to bring down the emision levels to within the limits of the law!

if the rest of the exhaust system is crap, it will sound like a lawnmower running on diesel...

tbh I'd just settle for a decent cat-back system (Scorpion or Magnex) & keep the CAT
CorsAsh

9th Jul 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or Sebring
broster
Premium Member

9th Jul 04 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the center box taken out if you want it loud mate, no need to loose the cat, a cat back system would be ideal for a better sound!
j0hn

9th Jul 04 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh wtf is wit that im not happy wit the mid silencer

New Poll