corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick help needed about brakes!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick help needed about brakes!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it alright to drive without the retaining clips on the brakes? I cant really see what they do! Just changed the brake pads, one of the clips has come off and the other one wasnt on properly and has cut a groove in the back of every spoke on the alloy Can i just take it off?
Kris TD

2nd Jul 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally wouldnt ever remove anything from the brakes.
Joff

2nd Jul 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove around for a couple of weeks with only one retaining bar for my pads - my calipers have two bars, so could have been worse, but could have been better.

Don't drive the car as it is - unless it's to Halfords to get the replacement part.
drunkenfool

2nd Jul 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been told by my mechanic that they are there to supress brake squeal and its perfectly safe to drive them like it, but the brakes might squeak. Hope he's right!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick help needed about brakes! 23 database queries in 0.0106959 seconds