corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FS2004: New York JFK to Miami Intl

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FS2004: New York JFK to Miami Intl
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jun 04 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam_nufc
How hard is this actual game to get to know how to use? It looks spot on.

took me a year to get this far and im still learning lots as u can see
3CorsaMeal

28th Jun 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Al Queda learnt it so can't be that hard
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Al Queda learnt it so can't be that hard

no they learnt how to crash it, crashing is very easy, i bet any money they couldnt land a plane
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished my Miami to Dominican Republic Flight await pics
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do ya use the keyboard to control it or joystick/sidestick?
3CorsaMeal

28th Jun 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a Jedi type control
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
do ya use the keyboard to control it or joystick/sidestick?

combination of both, u cannot control with just one or the other
Siberia

28th Jun 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might get myself a copy of this program looks kinda cool. dunno if i sit there for hours with it but sure thats what auto pilot is for

i remember playing it back in 2000 and the ATC always read out the runway info and flight path to quick for me i'd always land in a bloody field
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bcus u cant fly
Black Corsa SRi

28th Jun 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
no they re definately manual steve as well. the / is the default key for spoilers on all aircraft in fs. entering data into the MCDU will not control spoilers. Auto spoilers are controlled from the throttle quadrant and pressing shift and / will put spoilers on auto, so as soon as main landing gear touches the deck, they deploy, and once below 25kts, they will stow again. During takeoff, do you set autobrakes to take off?

are u an engineer or pilot or have u just learnt this from the game? i'm an aircraft engineer and it took me a lot of learning to get used to these systems, maybe i should have just played the games for the basic prinicples, obviously not the maint side though! LOL
Ojc

28th Jun 04 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve is a male model by trade.
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
quote:
no they re definately manual steve as well. the / is the default key for spoilers on all aircraft in fs. entering data into the MCDU will not control spoilers. Auto spoilers are controlled from the throttle quadrant and pressing shift and / will put spoilers on auto, so as soon as main landing gear touches the deck, they deploy, and once below 25kts, they will stow again. During takeoff, do you set autobrakes to take off?

are u an engineer or pilot or have u just learnt this from the game? i'm an aircraft engineer and it took me a lot of learning to get used to these systems, maybe i should have just played the games for the basic prinicples, obviously not the maint side though! LOL

lol, not an engineer or pilot, but i have started my ppl. My grandfather was a tech engineer for DeHavilland, BAe then Airbus and have just been interested since i was little. Picked up a lot of info and stuff from fs2002/fs2004 but most of my knowledge comes from knowing pilots and engineers and talking lots about aircraft. I believe i could successfuly take off and climb to cruise in any large airliner, but i thinki would bottle it on landing for real Was heading into Sydney Kingsford last week and i was telling my girlfriend and this fella exactly when the plane would bank left or right on landing into the airport, they were a bit freaked out, but thought i was sad as hell at the same time
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It is easy to pick up straight away once you have learned the basic controls for throttle, navigation and ATC. Takes years and years to master. had FS5 back in 1994, and been playing fs since then, 9 years later
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jun 04 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
not really, landing at 120-140kts, you are close to Vmin so a headwind would not create much problem. If you are too fast on approach, you can make the decision to go around, or pull the nose up gently and deploy spoilers. this will cause you to lose speed rapidly, and when you stow the spoilers again, apply 50% power to reduce the chances of stalling and steadying your airspeed.

quote:

Consider the reply above yours Liam
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at Ian
Cybermonkey

28th Jun 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tell you what is tricky, landing at LaGuardia in heavy snowfall, a 35kt crosswind and 400passengers in a Virgin 744 I managed to land her safely, much to my disbelief, but crashed into the terminal building because i was eating a sandwich
Bonzai

29th Jun 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a dogs bollocks 744 simulator on CD, shame i cant figure out how to work it on MS XP its fckuing awesome on a high spec machine tho, id say 10 times the realism of FS2000, i havent used any later versions.

when i say realism im reffering to my experience of 747 maintenance and what ive been taught in the 'gen fam' course.
Cybermonkey

29th Jun 04 at 05:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well fs2000 was really awful, so im not suprised that the 744 simulator is better. There are some payware sims around which offer a near enough exact replica of 744 panels which all function. Even harder are panels and aircraft from the 1st gen wide bodies like 747-200 and airbus A300-B4 with old style flight control panels, none of this FMIC rubbish
Bonzai

29th Jun 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i checked and its callecd Aerowinx Precision simulator.

yea i can imagine a simulator for a classic being one hell of a task. dont think there are any on the training system in work anymore as the classic fleet was sold before i joined the company.
Cybermonkey

29th Jun 04 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i absolutely love the 747 classics. Can get realistic engine sounds from www.avsim.com. If you got decent sounds setup on PC, cant beat the soud of RB211's on full thrttle
Black Corsa SRi

29th Jun 04 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Corsa SRi
quote:

lol, not an engineer or pilot, but i have started my ppl. My grandfather was a tech engineer for DeHavilland, BAe then Airbus and have just been interested since i was little. Picked up a lot of info and stuff from fs2002/fs2004 but most of my knowledge comes from knowing pilots and engineers and talking lots about aircraft. I believe i could successfuly take off and climb to cruise in any large airliner, but i thinki would bottle it on landing for real Was heading into Sydney Kingsford last week and i was telling my girlfriend and this fella exactly when the plane would bank left or right on landing into the airport, they were a bit freaked out, but thought i was sad as hell at the same time

fair enough that expalins it! i was gonna say if u'd just learnt all that from the game i'd been going about things the wrong way!

[Edited on 29-06-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FS2004: New York JFK to Miami Intl 23 database queries in 0.1978841 seconds