corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Making a car quieter!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Making a car quieter!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
28th Jun 04 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my cat taken off today (1991 engine, so not needed for law, and gives 7bhp insrease) but now my car is stupidly loud. Can you get better/more silencers added to make it quieter? Also, will it be louder again when i fit my 4-1 manifold?
dave17

28th Jun 04 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i expect itl get louder with a 4-1 yes, but u could get a big silencer, or maybe 2 smaller ones fitted to the system 2 quieten it down?
3CorsaMeal

28th Jun 04 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could get a silenced decat pipe, they have a small muffler on em...

if u find one tell me where from cos i need one too, have got a crappy PVD decat pipe
broster
Premium Member

28th Jun 04 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wont get louder with a 4-1 really, just more raspy, well that what mine did anyway, and you can get de-cats with silencers in them
drunkenfool

28th Jun 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my decat is litterally a pipe that me and my mate welded on. I will look intoi getting another silencer then, apparently my neighbour said something bitchy about my car being too loud to my mate yesterday. Why he cant just ask me in person to make it quieter i dont know, but i do agree its too loud anyway!
drunkenfool

29th Jun 04 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drove past an old lady earlier and she put her fingers in her ears Got to get this sorted!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Making a car quieter! 23 database queries in 0.0100091 seconds