corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FK Budget 60/40 Susp Kit - Strange Noises!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Budget 60/40 Susp Kit - Strange Noises!?
Tidus

User status: Offline
26th Jun 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey All. I Fitted my 60/40 Kit bout a week ago, and i have found that the back of the car is very noisy were i have replaced the rear shocks, it makes rattling sounds when im driving. was just thinking did i need to use anything of the original shocks to put on the new ones? as my guide i used said you didnt! or do you know what else could be causing the problem?

Many Thanks.

p.s They rear shocks have been done up to the correct amount. (Tight)
modded_corsa

26th Jun 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the spring seated properly on the rear?

or it could be your exhaust banging one the rear beam
Tidus

26th Jun 04 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I intialy thought it was the zorst too. but took it to the garage and had it on the ramps and the zorst was fine. he said it sounds like the suspension on the rear. i'll check the springs a bit later, but im positive they were right. Cheers
modded_corsa

26th Jun 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was u i wud check the exhaust while it on the floor....just take a peak under with a torch.

as wen it goes up on the ramp.....the suspension drops down...meaning that it looks like the exhaust isnt on the beam
AdiSRI

26th Jun 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of aftermarket kits do this, its the top mounts.

On aftermarket kits they for some reason make the ruibbers smaller, allowing the metal to tap together and make the noise you describe.

Either live with it, or put the top mounts off your original GM suspension on, and this will stop it m8.

New Poll