corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which sub & amp..?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which sub & amp..?
L330wnz

User status: Offline
   15th Jun 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm considering buying a sub and amp but know very little really except what brands are good n which are shit and how to wire them up (kinda) Sooooo... popped into halfords earlier for an air freshner n 4t I'd ave a look at the subs, they wanted £79.99 for a Focal 13" sub 400rms (that make sense?) around 92.5db or summinlike that! Are they shit? I know focal comps are good but dunno bout the subs?! I really wanna 12" sub and amp - value for money not competition worthy! Seems like amps are just as expensive as the subs..

Any help would be grrrrreat
LukeGSi

16th Jun 04 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My hollywood monoblock amp and pop into NorfolkCarAudio and see what 12" subs they have on offer and grab 2
L330wnz

16th Jun 04 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NorfolkCarAudio ar gh3y... soz matey! Prefer NICE or sum independent chap Advanced Car Audio (Vulcan Rd) but I only want 1x 12" and an amp powerful enuff to run just that, am on a tight budget when I go to buy!
L330wnz

18th Jun 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1..?
Dom

18th Jun 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stay away from halfords mate full of pikies in there
personally mate, set yourself a budget for what you want to send then work from there
Also, when you ahve found some nice stuff, search for reviews on google and see what other people have said...it always helps

And i wouldnt go for the focal...comps are MINT, but there usual price for a sub is around the 400 quid mark, so 80 seems abit too cheap...so i would stay away
L330wnz

18th Jun 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt let them install it in a million years but sometimes they ave good stuff going cheap but this sub was £200 but hasn't shifted so now its £79.99

Budget of around £400 roughly, like I sed am on tite budget and I'm after something with a good thump (mainly listen to hip-hop n rock) and good sound quality..but am a novice when it comes to ICE
Dom

19th Jun 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you just after a sub/amp for the 400 quid mark then there is a directed package, >> HERE << for the 350 mark that will sounds mint, although you will need to buy a box and wiring ontop.

corsa-sxi

19th Jun 04 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i been looking at an alpine package...

MRDM301 ( new style amp)
12" type R sub
wires
box

is this any good? i think i saw it for £295 at mobile world...

btw a question, how do u split speaker wires to wire a DVC sub into 2 ohms?
Carb_Fanatic

22nd Jun 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the new mages rate the fusion setup, £250 gives you amp, box, sub and wiring kit. cant complain at that
L330wnz

23rd Jun 04 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah theres a fusion chap round ere and its good stuff, just I know him quite well and wud feel bad buying the stuff and gettin sum1 else (cheaper) to fit it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which sub & amp..? 24 database queries in 0.0106001 seconds