corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MSCE Course

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MSCE Course
Andrew

User status: Offline
14th Jun 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone know a college that does the MSCE course

Just something i wanna do along side uni
Paul

14th Jun 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright mate i know that liverpool community college are looking at doing it next year although this isn't confirmed. They are also becoming a cisco academy this year coming. If not go with a company called alpha training.
Andrew

14th Jun 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does cisco stand for?
Andrew

14th Jun 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's Ian when you want him
sfxer

14th Jun 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it dosnt stand for anything its a name, well it probably does stand for somthing but i dont know!

cicso systems, they make all kinds of network soft/hardware

[Edited on 14-06-2004 by sfxer]
Neshol

14th Jun 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Place in Cov does it, not a college tho. Dad lectures it.
Aaron02

14th Jun 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think u'll be lucky to find a college who do MCSE mate. u normally get private training centres that deliver courses like that. We've got a few in Hull, one of which i've been to for an MCP course
Andrew

14th Jun 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i want a job as a computer tech but the only qualifications i will have is an AGNVQ in IT, HND in Computer Studies and a Degree in Information Systems. I have to other crap such as GCSEs etc but IMO are a load of crap and worth nothing. I wanna do some extra work that will be of use and IMO this degree is a pile of poo and i will never use any of the crap in my life. I'm only doing it because i want a degree.
DAYZEE

14th Jun 04 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know how much it will cost you to fund an MCSE yourself? About 6K if you do all the courses and pass all the exams first time. Also you need an understanding of desktop and network systems before you start.
Never mind the fact that Microsoft training is about an interesting as watching paint dry. Novell training in marginally better, hardware ones are the best fun.
Aaron02

14th Jun 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds harsh..but if you want to work in ICT, you have to start off at the bottom and work ur way up.

Experience is the thing you need..qualifications are just an added extra. A school i work very close with are looking for a network manager and i helped shortlist interviews by looking at the applicants C.V's quite a few people had MCSE, MCP, MSD etc etc qualifications but no experience...so those ones went in the bin
Andrew

14th Jun 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6k sounds fair if i was to take it over 3 years part time. My parents are for all this learning as they never got the chance themselves so they will help.

It's just the time and place my prob at the min
chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Jun 04 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can do it online, i did
DAYZEE

14th Jun 04 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp

Heres all the info, you can't take it part time though, courses usually take about 5 days solid and then you need to pass the exam. There are 7 exams you need to pass.
Not being funny but you will find it very difficult if you don't have any previous experience in an IT role. Even Microsoft state one years experience as a pre-requisite. You'll be able to find a job as an IT graduate no problem on decent money, then work from there.
John

14th Jun 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its about 1 and a half grand each to do the mcse etc courses. So all very well doing it alongside uni if you can afford it.
Paul

14th Jun 04 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If any one is intrested i've just posted a u2u to peugot nut outlining a hardware course that i'm teaching next year called the IPro its a brand new course only came into general release this year it has been certified and the content taken from both microsoft and cisco systems although we are only running teh cisco units this year. If any one's intrested in the liverpool area give my course team leader a call on 0151-252-3458 his name is Peter Daly

[Edited on 14-06-2004 by Paul]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MSCE Course 23 database queries in 0.0125191 seconds