corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Improving performance on C 1.8 Sri

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Improving performance on C 1.8 Sri
loot

User status: Offline
10th Jun 04 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any top tips for improving performance on a Corsa C 1.8 Sri?? It's on a March 04 plate so I definately don't want to screw my warranty but i want it to be faster!
Adam_B

10th Jun 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make it lighter, not a lot u can do without loosing the warranty

[Edited on 10-06-2004 by Adam_B]
L330wnz

10th Jun 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ correct ^^ otherwise TB's would be good and a re-map to suit the TB's
bazgooch

10th Jun 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get cam's reprofiled

Panel filter an modify intake to airbox
Siberia

10th Jun 04 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the 1.8 C's like ? quick?
loot

10th Jun 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta say the 1.8's quick but not that quick - it just feels a little distant. I reckon the suspension needs dropping and hardening. Looks the nuts parked up though with the red callipers.
Siberia

10th Jun 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60? top speed?
Red_SXi

10th Jun 04 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0-60 = 8secs
Top speed = 125
Houckham

10th Jun 04 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously goes faster tho
dinosaur

11th Jun 04 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove one and it goes well, but its not urgent like a VTS, but you can tell they need some thing like an extra power boost to make them special.
I'd go for a K&n panel filter and a revised cold air feed to the std airbox that should net 5bhp, not much but it all helps, then running on optimax/ The original optimax tests used amongst other Vectra 1.8, similar engine, and netter like 6% power increase and similar torue plus smoother power curve. Last longer than regular 95 petrol too.

Once its out of warranty and the engines loosened up, think about getting a system and a dastek, throttle bodies are ££££, so these are the next value for money mods. Dastel and system keeping cat should net another 10-15 bhp, set up on rollers.

remove your spare and tool kit, thats like 25 kg for a small power to weight gain. The idea being to hope you dont get a puncture. If you want more weight loss the glovebox comes out on 4 screws and weighs 6 kg...the rear parcel shelf another 4, the boot floor carpet and sound deadening another 2 and the rear three headrests another 6. The central reas seatbelt setup is 2kg. If you add that up its 40 kg, which takes the weight of your car to under a tonne. Its also more than half the weight of an average person. On a 1.0 that would be a good gain seeing as though that have low power on a 1.8 it would prob shave a few tenths off the in gear times and standing acceleration.

Marc D

11th Jun 04 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take everything out, have a light bucket (look through demon tweeks motorsport catlogue for lightest), and make custom dials all you need is speedo, rev meter, fuel, water and oil temp

simple explanation: if it aint needed lose it

[Edited on 11-06-2004 by Marc D]
dinosaur

11th Jun 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit extreme on a car you buy partly for the kit it has !!!

In fact even what I suggested is beyond the point of having a nice new 12.5 grand or whatever they are car.

Chris220

11th Jun 04 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The "lack of urgency" you refer to is due to the refinement. They have near enough sound-proofed any engine noise in the interior and given you, as you say, "a distant" feeling as opposed to the VTR. As to the performance, I have been more than pleased with the results from a sealed induction kit ( Viper ). It has been more than enough to see-off Peugeot's finest.
OzzySRi

12th Jun 04 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a heat shielded pod filter and full exhaust with 4-2-1 headers. Along with a lowering and upgraded brakes its a pretty good allrounder. thinking dbilas flow-tech manifold next but theyre big $$$

New Poll