corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dispay buld dials (maybe radio fault?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dispay buld dials (maybe radio fault?
scott b

User status: Offline
5th Jun 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after fitting a new radio jvc one cos the old one wasnt working i found out that when i put the car hedlights on the clock/temperature display thing goes dead dim (hard to see) but when i fitted the new radio there was a plug with about 4 wires on which cant be plugged in any where, any ideas whats up?

also how do you remove the speedo/gauges display to change the bulds?

thanks
Adam-D

5th Jun 04 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill reply tomorrrow whehn less pissssed
scott b

5th Jun 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one
Black Corsa SRi

7th Jun 04 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the MFD is suppsoed to dim when u put your head lights on thats normal. if u are finding it too dim try adjusting the circular adjuster below the light switch this adjusts the brightness of the dial illumination etc

To remove the speedo gauges to change the bulbs:

1- remove the shroud from around the steering column, one upper bit and one lower bit, there are 2 screws, if i remember rightly, on lower bit , then u'll have to put full left lock on and remove the screw under the gromit that becomes visiable with lock on, and then do the same for the right.

2- Remove the plastic sun shade from around the dials, the 1/2 moon thingy, cant remeber where the screws are but its immediatly obvious when your actually looking at the thing!

3- the dials should now be acessable, cant rember if they are screwed in or not, but it'll be obvious when u looking if they are or not, if u have an older corsa B then the speedo will be cable driven, this is a very tight fit and a pain to get off but with a little messing it will come off by pulling, be forceful with it but obviously dont break it! LOL

4- Once the dials are out the bulbs u need to change for illumination are lettered ABC if i remember rightly, there are 3of them anyway and coded differnetly to the rest of them! the rest are for the various lights such as engine management etc etc so leave those ones alone, think these are numbered

A couple of words of advice if you changing them for LED's they are unidirectional so if they dont work first time turn them through 180 degrees and try again and if u do have a cable driven speedo it can be a pain to reconnect also, but with a bit of perserverence it'll go back on!

Hope this helps i not very good at explaining things so hope it all makes at least some sense!

[Edited on 07-06-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]

New Poll