corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New springs!help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New springs!help
Tom_1.216v

User status: Offline
   4th Jun 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys. i have a 1.2 16v corsa, i know it's not that fast so no wise cracks

the think is it's the worst handling car i've ever driven! i've span it out four times. it just seems to roll and understear all the time.

i was thinking of getting apex springs any good will this make my car able to fly round corners. so you ur thoughts on apex springs please
MarkW

4th Jun 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ur rolling and understeering all the time.... would tht not mean ur driving too fast round corners?
i've got near enough same car - admittedly it aint best handlin car on planet but it ain't tht bad!!! Apex i fink r ok - eibach and fk are supposed to b better aren't they?
Tom_1.216v

4th Jun 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know what i mean mate? i went out with a mate in his mums matiz 0.8!!!! and i was saying to him slow down because thats the speed my car would spin off and his didn't i was like WHAT THE FCUK! anyone got apex springs at all???
Dave M

4th Jun 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got mine today putting them on the car tomorrow
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jun 04 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Springs alone will not help you.
MarkW

4th Jun 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i do knw wht u mean m8 - but u just get used to it and compensate for it - if u realli wana drive fast round corner's take it easy goin into to thm - and thn boot it it out of them if u realli must - otherwise just wait while u've got springs or suspension kit - but even then it wnt make it into an f1 car - alloys will help - but its a corsa not a supra
Tom_1.216v

4th Jun 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do u recommend than? let me guess strut base and dampers!yeah? one thing though i'm a student and i'm paying these fcuking petrol prices it's a joke
i'm getting alloys soon that should help because of the tyres won't it??
MarkW

4th Jun 04 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get strutbrace for £60.00 and yeh it will help ..... a bit

[Edited on 04-06-2004 by purple5]
Tom_1.216v

4th Jun 04 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey purple5 you got a sxi modle? i ain't wish i did get one because i'm gonna have to pay out for one soon becasue it looks so shit without one??
MarkW

4th Jun 04 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah m8 - i fink mine's a club - but i've dropped the badge's on it - onli noticeable difference on outside comapred to sxi - is there's no gsi boot spoiler - but tht'll be sorted by next week hopefully - only interior tht's difference between mine and my m8's - am sure they got same engine in them - why u say ur's look shit - not tht much difference IMO ?
Tom_1.216v

4th Jun 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's a nice silver colour love it. it just needs a spoiler on it. i have debadged the back and sides of the car looks mint. how much u paying for spoiler and fitting?
MarkW

4th Jun 04 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.sel-imperial.co.uk am gonna buy one from there - unless i can pik one up cheaper at PVS on sunday - then just get it spryaed and fitted

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New springs!help 23 database queries in 0.0108781 seconds